Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all faulty Samsung Z Flip/Fold owners - CLASS ACTION NEEDED

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Alvie_Huit
Apprentice
Options

Enough is enough. 

Despite what Samsung says in response to user complaints, the crease/crack along the fold of our Flips and Fold phones ARE a common problem irrespective of whether occuring within the 1st year of ownership or shortly thereafter.

Let's call it what it really is: A component defect. 

It's very disappointing, irresponsible and dodgy of Samsung to deem the issue as 'user damage' to evade accountability and foist hefty repair costs upon the user.

How many of you flip/fold owners have worn the burdensome frustration and inconvenience of having your phone fixed in the early days of ownership? How many of you have felt you've had no choice but to pay for Samsung for the repair, or, write off the cost of your phone entirely and buy a new more reliable phone to replace it??

The crease/crack in my phone appeared out of the blue through absolutely no fault of my own. I know I am not the only one.  Laying the blame at my feet is utter rubbish.

At the very least, a smart phone should endure 3 years of good use.  Not 2 weeks, 6 months or 1.5 years.

Even if Samsung says that the phone was broken because of ‘user damage’, one must look at the structural integrity of the phone itself and question how it could so easily be damaged by users so early on in the phone’s life.

For those of you out of pocket for a repair and/or the cost of an unusable phone plus a new one, let's band together and launch a worldwide class action lawsuit against Samsung for this issue and get our money back.

Who's with me?

I know they've been other community members who've complained or mentioning class actions elsewhere within the community (I among them) so i think it's time. 

Enough really is enough. 

Please respond here and to any other post regarding class actions on this website and elsewhere to further this cause. 

162 REPLIES 162
mrsmccutchan818
First Poster
Options

Yes! I actually just told the support person that I was chatting with that a class action lawsuit is needed! I bought this phone for my mother October 2022. In August of 2023, without notice the screen had lines going down it and the next day it went completely black. The phone had 0 physical damage and had always been greatly protected. I sent it to Samsung and they said there was a broken hinge on the inside and since it was the customers fault we would need to pay to repair it. Samsung wanted $350 to do that. I said, no thanks, we will just file a claim. So they sent the phone back to us, we filed a claim and paid our $150 deductible. We received the refurbished phone in October and by November, the screen was out, AGAIN! And I'm getting nowhere with Samsung! They want me to file a claim with Samsung Care and pay for them to fix it! I'm so beyond mad! I'm still paying monthly on the phone but my mom's been using a really old phone that she had laying around since last November!

Itzcreature
First Poster
Options

Be glad to be apart of it! Not even a month later my hinge was defective and broke causing inner screen to break. Little over a year later the same part has broken again and caused the screen to break a second time, from the replacement part they put in. Cause it's passed its warranty they refuse to take responsibility for a defective replacement part they replaced the first defective part with. Both times all I did was unfold my phone. Rated for 200k folds as advertised. I doubt it's been folded 200 times.

SWAGGERJUICE74
First Poster
Options

My phone start darkening in middle thought cold weather affected it bought leather case still payed $200 deductible for same problem on My fifth replacement 

Options

My Galaxy Fokd Z4 cracked wirh black line in the middle of the screen 2 days ago and so touch screen function stopped working.  This definitely a product defect from Samsung.  I would like to join this Class Action.  

cf83
Student
Options

I'd like to join this cause! My Galaxy Z Fold 4 is only 1yr and 4 months old and experienced the problem where my phone creates a white noise for a second when I flip it open then turns to a totally black screen. Surprisingly when you I call my number, although the phone is non-responsive, you can hear the ring-back from the other line. One thing I noticed about the flaw from this device is the air that builds-up from inside the screen protector (On the crease section). Before the 1Yr warranty ended, i already noticed this phenomenon and just shoioked it of as probably just an issue of normal wear and tear for the screen protector mainly because there probably was a  moisture that went in from the Crease Side and then it eventually caused the screen protector's adhesive to give-up as the crease section is the most vulnerable area for the screen protector. To my surprise, after replacing the said screen protector with a new one, it only took me 2 folds and the same phenomenon was there. My mistake was I did not consult it immediately with SASMSUNG Service center, after all It was just air bubbles.... Until ofcourse this problem happened and so i decided to google more about this kinds of issues..... Honestly, there really is a worksmanship issue. After having this quoted to SAMSUNG Service center, It could cause me somewhere around Php 43,000 which is almost half the price of a brand new one......  and to my surprise, I saw in the quotation the inclussions of the adhesive tape..... and it struck me...... Air bubbles produced right at the crease of the phone even after replacing with a new screen protector is probably a phenomenon occuring due to the internal adhesive getting loose. Where everytime I fold the screen, there is a stress being produced at the center (the crease) where it shouldnt be, and over time (maybe 4 mos since i removed the screen protector due to the said phenomenon) the screen finally gave-up..... and take note, there are no signs of cracks or black lines..... just simply the white noise and idle black screen everytime i unfold the phone which leaves me no choice but to force restart my phone for it to be useable again. Now I'm only able to use my phone in a folded state..... It was a mistake to have bought a foldable phone. And i'd say that if these kinds of phones selling at that high of a premium price could only last you a little over a year.... then is that fair that these items are being sold to the consumers? 

Gloverofthedead
First Poster
Options
Iam in for a class action. In 2 years my fold Z3 has had one middle screen cracked, 2 screen protector replacements and now 2 front screens folding inside (pealing in) on the top right corner. So £1700 phone, worless in less than the time it took to pay my finance. Samsung won't help me at all. I've asked for a manager call so let's see what happens. Guess my point is.........going back after 10 years to apple.
Jazzy17
First Poster
Options

I am also in. Flipz5 and got dead pixel after 2 months use and then at about 4-5 months the screen broke on the seam suddenly when I opened it. I sent the phone into Samsung bc it is under 1 year warranty only to get it sent back without fixing!! I have been out a phone for over 2 months and they have not fixed it. Very frustrating. Samsung has not worked with me at all 

0 Likes
Options

Hi,

My Z4 had the problem with cracking sound and black line in the middle of screen and the unfold screen function stopped working.  

I would like to join class action.

Laineyferrari
Explorer
Options

Yes please ive had inner screen replaced within first 12 months and now since last update I have no sound at all 😭😭😭

Faulty ZFOLD 3
First Poster
Options

Yes, I definitely feel scammed! My ZFold 3 was repaired within a year of purchased and now 25 months into the whole ordeal of purchase...The mid screen LCD is having blank lines and malfunctioning upon touch.  I did not drop or damage. The problem arose on its own and got worst. I was quoted $ 960 for repair. Not gonna! Infact, I am looking to start in all-out campaign against this year/model phone type.  Starting with BBB.  I will not stop until they up the warranty for such an expensive phone.