Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number background

(Topic created on: 01-03-2024 10:19 AM)
graybo10
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone. Hope you van help. I was making a phone call recently , I needed to put numbers in while chatting to the person on the other end. My question is how do you stop the background from fading out after 5 seconds. I need phone number digits to stay on the screen until I'm finished. Hate having to keep tapping the screen to make it stay on. Hope someone has the right advice , because Samsung hasn't thought about this obviously. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AsadM
Options

Hi @graybo10, I'll be happy to shed some light on this. The screen goes dark during a call due to the proximity sensor being used while the phone is lifted by your ear. There's no option to turn this off in the settings of your phone. If you're not lifting the phone, please check your Screen timeout settings, and try adjusting this. You'll be able to find this on the phone in Settings > Display > Screen timeout. 

GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Hi AsadM is giving you the expected answer but I understand your needs in that only during a call do you want the screen to stay on. I'm exactly the same. I've just had a thought and haven't yet tried it myself but why not create a routine (what, If, Then) within Modes and Routines to keep the screen on whiles Phone is active then returm to normal when call finished. Not sure its possible but worth a look see.
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
I've just done it, see routine copy attached. Seems you can only do it for 10mins. Not sure if it works mind you. 1709484441140.jpg
graybo10
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. I'll take a look.
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Hi I realised when I made a call that the routine above won't keep the screen on as its only going to work for incomimg calls. So I added to the IF statement with IF the Phone App is opened. So joint IF statement now, Receiving calls and using Phone App to make calls.
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
I'm at it again. The routine didn't work. So I've split the routine to two separate ones for incoming call and outgoing call. I'm not sure if the two 'if's' in the same routine are 'and' or 'or' so I've split them just in case. Hope that makes sense. 1SmartSelect_20240319_093051_Modes and Routines_1000004946_1710840651.jpg
graybo10
Apprentice
Options
I just did it the old-fashioned way. Switched on the facial recognition, and it stays on while you're looking at the keyboard, and you have the speaker on. Samsung really need to look into this , with an option to leave the screen on , or as it is now. Thanks for your endeavours 👍
0 Likes