Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z fold 4 central screen broken

(Topic created on: 29-02-2024 04:37 PM)
Birdsong1
First Poster
Options
Z fold 4 screen broke at
18 months. Sent to Samsung who denied warranty due to tiny dent on the spine. Tried to charge me 530£.
How many others had this experience? 
J
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
paul1345
First Poster
Options
Mines was broken after 3 months I got replacement phone as they dud not have screens for it .
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately Samsung can suggest that the damage found on the phone's hinge which I assume was from an accidental bump or drop can be attributed to the issue with the screen. 

As accidental damage is not covered under the 2 years Manufacturing Warranty they can levy a charge. 

Some people opt to buy Samsung Care+ within the relevant purchase period. 

Other options are to look at any relevant Home Contents Insurance policy, and some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account.

Or choose to pay the fee Samsung has asked for. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_NeQnpSv
Student
Options

2 Years !? In the UK they come with 1 year warranty. Learn your lesson, Trade it in and get a non-flippy phone. Take it from a flippy owner, they don't last. Zflip5 just as bad as the zflip4. Had them both.  Both ended up with  warranty issues. 

0 Likes
Artindoril
Navigator
Options
The tech is still fragile in places. If it's enough to create a dent, could well cause screen issues.

Only issue to date I've had with my fold is the screen protector coming off - but the Samsung store said at 12 months that was a lot longer than they had been designed for
0 Likes