Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I raise a complaint UK

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 02:51 PM)
Nebulae
First Poster
Options

Bought my Fold 4 less than 1 year ago, been loving the phone as I have done will all my other Samsung phones I've had in the past. The past week I've noticed the phone no longer unfolds all the way like its supposed to. Took in into a local Samsung repair centre and was told it would be 21 days before they could even get the parts in so I would be without a device for that period. They called another store that offered repairs and was told they had the parts in stock and could fix it the same day. 

I booked an appointment to have my phone repaired under warranty as there was only small wear and tear marks on the device. They should it should be covered over warranty are marks and small and fall in line with regular use, but they couldn't be sure as they had to confirm with Samsung before carrying out any warranty repairs (EE authorised repair store). 

I left the phone with them to get sorted and received a call back later stating it wouldn't be covered under warranty and I would have to pay £500 to have the device repaired. Store technician told me when I went back to collect my phone that Samsung nearly always reject warranty complaint if there is slight marks on the device. 

I've owned almost all the Samsung S series devices since the S2 along with the Note series and never had a single issue with any of my devices and always taken very good care of them. I'm now stuck with a device that is less that 1 year old and had minimal marks and still under warranty yet you're refusing to fix or replace my device. I've always kept my phone in the official Samsung case and never been heavy handed with it. Why is my repair now been rejected and I'm being forced to pay for something that is clearly a fault of the device. There's is many post on here and other sites with the exact same issue as mine who have also been rejected. 

I've tried looking online for email as well and calling for over an hour today and I've just been passed around from department to department with no resolution or help at all. I just want the device I've paid for covered in warranty for a fault that has occurred due to no fault of my own. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
keith30
Maestro
Options
You have to send a private message to Sam_UK to make a complaint on here.
0 Likes
ukman
Explorer
Options
Honestly - Ive had this sort of thing multiple times. It's poor and an area where they're way way behind Apple.
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
I had my Z Fold 4 repaired by Samsung themselves for a cracked screen protector and camera blackout issue. Sent it off by courier and it came back within 7 days looking new. I wouldn't use Service shops, just a thought. I know it doesn't help. Can you not just start again and chat to the online support people and tell them the issue with the phone not the history, see what they say and send it off as I did.
0 Likes
oanacalinescu
First Poster
Options
I am so sorry to hear that, but I'm not at all surprised. I bought the Samsung flip4, refurbished from Giffgaff. Exactly, the same happened to me. It would not unfold all the way, but because I had it for 3 days, I thought that wriggling it a bit might loosen it up. I was wrong. A bump appeared on the screen right in the middle, and there was rattle inside. Obviously, I stopped using it straight away and sent it back for a replacement. As you, I didn't think it was my fault it broke. Ever since, it was a battle with them, contacting Klarna as I got it on installments, and I was now supposed to pay for a year for a broken phone. After quite a few times sending this phone back and forth, refusing it at the door and chatting with them by email, as they don't have a contact number, I got my refund. Guess what though? I just got the phone back, all completely broken, coming apart, with the same stupid letter saying it wasn't in warranty. All this happened in 1 month of buying it. Horror! I can't believe Samsung is having these incompetents handling their product. They definitely put me off buying the phone that I so wanted, but it was out of my reach financially. Hope you get your problem sorted.
0 Likes
Members_BcPu1aY
First Poster
Options

Hello 

I am in a similar position have been back and forth with Samsung 3 times in the last 2 months. The customer service team is rude and unhelpful. Can you please tell me how you got a refund ?

0 Likes