Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all faulty Samsung Z Flip/Fold owners - CLASS ACTION NEEDED

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 07:50 AM)
Alvie_Huit
Apprentice
Options

Enough is enough. 

Despite what Samsung says in response to user complaints, the crease/crack along the fold of our Flips and Fold phones ARE a common problem irrespective of whether occuring within the 1st year of ownership or shortly thereafter.

Let's call it what it really is: A component defect. 

It's very disappointing, irresponsible and dodgy of Samsung to deem the issue as 'user damage' to evade accountability and foist hefty repair costs upon the user.

How many of you flip/fold owners have worn the burdensome frustration and inconvenience of having your phone fixed in the early days of ownership? How many of you have felt you've had no choice but to pay for Samsung for the repair, or, write off the cost of your phone entirely and buy a new more reliable phone to replace it??

The crease/crack in my phone appeared out of the blue through absolutely no fault of my own. I know I am not the only one.  Laying the blame at my feet is utter rubbish.

At the very least, a smart phone should endure 3 years of good use.  Not 2 weeks, 6 months or 1.5 years.

Even if Samsung says that the phone was broken because of ‘user damage’, one must look at the structural integrity of the phone itself and question how it could so easily be damaged by users so early on in the phone’s life.

For those of you out of pocket for a repair and/or the cost of an unusable phone plus a new one, let's band together and launch a worldwide class action lawsuit against Samsung for this issue and get our money back.

Who's with me?

I know they've been other community members who've complained or mentioning class actions elsewhere within the community (I among them) so i think it's time. 

Enough really is enough. 

Please respond here and to any other post regarding class actions on this website and elsewhere to further this cause. 

164 REPLIES 164
Ai7
Journeyman
Options

May I suggest going to NJ to file your strand of a civil class action lawsuit against Samsung, which holds a corporate office there. BBB doesn't have much power in reality. 

0 Likes
Sonya Foster
First Poster
Options

I have the ZFold and it no longer opens flat and the side buttons doesn’t work 

0 Likes
Afoley82
First Poster
Options

I have had 3 replaced in 1 year. All had the same issue. So frustrating! 

0 Likes
NCK72
First Poster
Options

Hi purchased my new Zflip 5 on March 2nd, 2024. On May 4, 2024, I noticed the line on the crease of my phone.  Samsung is covering the cost of the screen replacement, but I would have preferred to switch from this model to a non-flip phone so that I do not have to worry about this happening again with the new screen.  

They really need to take these phones off the market and fix this issue. 

0 Likes
ABlair1
First Poster
Options

I am all for a class action suit. My 8mo flip 5 has the crease and my pixils are gone at the crease. It is just a bright white line. This phone is crappy.

0 Likes