Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra - Connect to WiFi but no internet/constantly dropping out/Wifi6 issue

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 05:39 PM)
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone else seeing issues with Wifi6 on their S23 Ultra?

My phone will connect but then stop passing data until I disconnect and reconnect. The same SSID is fine on my S22 Ultra and all my other devices. I have tried to reset the network connections and all that, but keeps happening.

Changing to my 2.4Ghz SSID is fine, but a lot slower.

190 REPLIES 190
Dillz2003
Explorer
Options
Thanks. Yes I've read a few things as well that suggest there probably is an issue.

I'm not too bothered about WiFi 6 at home tbh. I'd rather have a stable connection so will just keep it switched off until there is a software update that fixes the problem.

Hopefully I won't encounter WiFi 6 too often when I'm away from home.
0 Likes
Dillz2003
Explorer
Options
Possibly though my S22 had no problem with my home WiFi setip so I would expect the S23 to handle it just as well.
0 Likes
Lkrn
First Poster
Options

I just got rid of my S22 ultra with the same issue, only to buy a S23 ultra and find it keeps disconnecting from wifi as well. My husband sitting right next to me with his S22 ultra has never had an issue on the same network. Super frustrating. I have not found a permanent fix in all my research.

pirateg
Student
Options

I have the same issue after switching from the s22 ultra. Had no problems there with the same network

0 Likes
CREM72
Student
Options

I have the same issue and spent 4 hours on the phone with Samsung and the problem still exist.  I'm thinking about sending this back to Samsung and go back to my Note 10+.

0 Likes
Kelly B
First Poster
Options

Same. Not sure if any of this matters but I have the lavender S23 ultra on a Verizon network. When I reset everything I will be able to connect to wifi for maybe 5 minutes then it drops even to the point where it seems to pull the wifi signal (provided by at&t internet) from my whole house and all my devices lose connection. As soon as I switch to mobile data on my phone and turn wifi off all other household devices reconnect to wifi instantly. Hoping a software update comes out to fix this. Have completed troubleshooting steps with internet provider as well as Verizon. Super frustrating to have a new device with these issues, hoping they work out these bug and issue a fix.

0 Likes
Arkdom
Explorer
Options

Same issue. When walking around the house with S23 ultra will get "connected with no internet" while rest of devices are working fine including other galaxy phones (S22). Toggle wifi on/off fixes for a period of time. Tried reboot phone/network, use phone MAC, static IP, reset network settings. Still happens once/twice per day when switching nodes.  I don't think factory reset will help. I haven't tried shutting off wifi 6 yet. Waiting for a fix unless another solution?

noobstar505
First Poster
Options
I have the same issues, especially with WiFi 6 where the speeds are miserable. I have tested with an iPhone and other android devices no issues but with my S23 Ultra it just has very slow speeds. Also sometimes it disconnects from internet whilest still connected to the WiFi, I have checked on my PC to make sure the WiFi was okay. I really hope they fix this with an update.
0 Likes
pirateg
Student
Options
0 Likes
xLukex
Apprentice
Options
Anyone having issues with WiFi connection? Mine keeps disconnecting and even turned off relevent settings from intelligent WiFi and don't have any issues with the WiFi itself.