Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S23 Ultra - Connect to WiFi but no internet/constantly dropping out/Wifi6 issue

(Topic created on: 19-02-2023 11:02 AM)
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone else seeing issues with Wifi6 on their S23 Ultra?

My phone will connect but then stop passing data until I disconnect and reconnect. The same SSID is fine on my S22 Ultra and all my other devices. I have tried to reset the network connections and all that, but keeps happening.

Changing to my 2.4Ghz SSID is fine, but a lot slower.

190 REPLIES 190
SCUBABill
Apprentice
Options

Run your phone updates and look for a Google WiFi Provitionor app. Reports in the app sound like your problem. I'm also having about the same problems and turned off the 6E on my Asus RT-AX88u router.  I could then connect, but a slower speed. May be test your phone by using the phone MAC address. Good luck

Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
We're assuming all your other devices are working fine on WiFi? What router do you have? Was it never working since day one? Did you use something like smart switch to set up your new device? Can you even connect for a few seconds or minutes before it drops out or is it instant?
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
The S23 series are WiFi 6e compatible so that shouldn't be a solution. I'm using 6e with mine (also on an Asus router)
Dillz2003
Explorer
Options
So I have wifi 6 at home on my Asus Tuf ax5400 router. 

After a few minutes the 6 against the phone wifi symbol disappears then I get the ! and the internet drops. My old S22 was fine.

After googling I've tried the suggested fixes namely disabling randomized mac address and I've set a fixed IP but these don't work.

The only solution I've found is to turn off WiFi 6 on my router. Since doing that I've had a stable Internet connection. 

Seems like the ultra has a WiFi 6 bug to me.

Anyone else?
Coffeesurfers
Pioneer
Options
I have the Asus AX6000 Dual band Router and my 23 ultra connects ok, however I have a slightly less serious problem in that although it connects at a healthy 1.2gbps, the speed tests max out at around 700 mbps unlike my other wifi 6 devices and previous s21 ultra which could always max out at 1.2gbps

Screenshot_20230218_163049_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
lphoenixl
First Poster
Options

My phone started to have exactly same symptoms as of today.

All devices on the router are working fine. My Wife's S23+ also doesnt have any issues.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I connect to WiFi 6 every day with no issues, I don't see any bug.

I connect to Cisco Aironnet not Asus
0 Likes
Dillz2003
Explorer
Options
Ive still no further problem since turning off WiFi 6 on my router. Thanks for confirming you are not having an issue yourself. I'm wondering if I should try a factory reset of my phone but this time install apps from scratch rather than use the Samsung switch app as I guess it's possible that a corrupt or incompatible file has been transferred from my S22.

I should also mention that whilst I have a WiFi 6 router upstairs in my house I have non WiFi 6 homeplugs in other parts of the house. Perhaps it's this that the S23 ultra is struggling to deal with.

So many variables to neither rule out or rule in a bug.
0 Likes
Rham
Explorer
Options
Large bug, significant number of people impacted - impacts WiFi 6 access points and when roaming between them (so if have one router/AP, unlikely to see the issue).

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/10w75wh/s23_ultra_wifi_issue/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=...
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am hopping between 60+ aps without issues maybe the Cisco kit handles it better
0 Likes