Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S23 Ultra - Connect to WiFi but no internet/constantly dropping out/Wifi6 issue

(Topic created on: 17-02-2023 11:13 AM)
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone else seeing issues with Wifi6 on their S23 Ultra?

My phone will connect but then stop passing data until I disconnect and reconnect. The same SSID is fine on my S22 Ultra and all my other devices. I have tried to reset the network connections and all that, but keeps happening.

Changing to my 2.4Ghz SSID is fine, but a lot slower.

194 REPLIES 194
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My S23 Ultra is working fine
If you setup your phone with Smartswitch
It could be the information didn't transfer right
Have you tried forgetting the network and setting it up again?
0 Likes
armgod98
Journeyman
Options
WiFi Constantly drops out on 23 ultra . Even after resetting network settings. Forgetting the network etc...
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, that's very strange have you run a diagnostic test with the WiFi yet?
I'm not having any issues with mine.
armgod98
Journeyman
Options
Reports no issues via the diagnostic
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @armgod98  If the diagnostic test does not highlight any  issues  would Reboot your Router.  If still issues some other ideas. Go to Settings- Connections - Wi-Fi -  Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through all the connection steps.
Thereafter go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router on view More to  select the MAC Address Type and set this to Phone MAC. I

f the issue persists, I would suggest pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and address any issues that might be causing problems. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

armgod98
Journeyman
Options
Will attempt this now
armgod98
Journeyman
Options
Still not working
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
I've noticed my S23U also sometimes says there is no internet connection with my WiFi. Never happened with my S22U and my other devices don't disconnect. Toggling the WiFi off and back on seem to work but it's weird.
SCUBABill
Apprentice
Options

There is a Google WiFi Provitionor that manages some of this. My router is an Asus RT-AX88U  with Wifi 6E. I had to turn it off the 6E to get my S23 Ultra to connect to 5 g. The update to the Google service today did help. I also have an Ad Blocker, and turning it off, also helped. Good Luck

0 Likes
SCUBABill
Apprentice
Options

Update the Google WiFi Provitioner with Google Play. When updated today, 2/17, it helped. I turned off the 6E on the router, Asus RT-AX88u,  and then I could connect to 5G. Make sure you have all the updates. Good luck.