Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S23 Ultra - Connect to WiFi but no internet/constantly dropping out/Wifi6 issue

(Topic created on: 06-04-2023 12:23 PM)
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone else seeing issues with Wifi6 on their S23 Ultra?

My phone will connect but then stop passing data until I disconnect and reconnect. The same SSID is fine on my S22 Ultra and all my other devices. I have tried to reset the network connections and all that, but keeps happening.

Changing to my 2.4Ghz SSID is fine, but a lot slower.

190 REPLIES 190
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
I'm on 5ghz
0 Likes
JJDoctor
Apprentice
Options
I thought my router has issues until I checked every other device was working fine. Great I found out this via search to come to know its a mass issue. Hope there is some fix soon.
0 Likes
PaulthePirate
Explorer
Options

Into April and not even a hotfix for broken wifi6. Even the biggest of Samsung fanboys can defend that level of incompetence 😬 

0 Likes
Leonlay
Explorer
Options

Seriously yes... this issue should fix ASAP. I am disappointed with this issue. 

0 Likes
Mikeymike98
First Poster
Options

Having issues with Wifi 2.4GHz, extremely slow. 5GHz is fine for me, I get 5-10mbps laggy wifi on 2.4ghz while on 5ghz 100mbps no problem. Using 100mbps internet package. 

On s23 ultra.

0 Likes
thebditch
Student
Options

same here with NightHawk RAX200

0 Likes
Shinigami-02
First Poster
Options

Pre-ordered my S23 Ultra. Thought it was my router. Bought a new one. NOW I find this thread. I work from home with 2.5Gbps fiber that i use, so I need the wifi 6 connection. To have this big of an issue... this basic of an issue... for this long, is inexcusable. I've owned every other year Note since the 4. This is my first non-note samsung phone since I traded in my Note 20. Not a good first impression. I would gladly take my Note 20 back RIGHT NOW if they would offer it. Seriously Samsung, can I have it back? This is not working for me.

0 Likes
Mikeymike98
First Poster
Options

Slow 2.4GHz too? 5GHz was no issue for me on Wifi6. 

Seems like Samsung didnt fix Wifi4/Wifi5 lol

0 Likes
Dan Germany
Apprentice
Options

Still no luck for my S23U with WiFi6 after April Update.

All other Samsung Phones are working just fine in my WiFi 6 WLAN Network.

One day and some hours after installing the April UpDate the WiFi 6 starts freezing on the S23U again.

That is very bad!

Solution
SGSGSGSG
Journeyman
Options

Seems like April 1st update works for me. The connection doing fine for whole day since I reset router setting to wifi 6. hope this is it.