Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23FE connected with no internet

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

I have a brand new S23FE. It is unable to use the wifi network. It constantly drops saying connected with no internet. I have a regular S23 which has no such issues. No other device on the network suffers with this. I know loads of people had this issue in early 2023 with 2.5 GHz / 5 GHz and would have assumed Samsung had issued a software patch that shouldn't be affecting a 2024 model. The phone is Exynos 2200.

We have factory reset the phone and have also factory reset the virgin media hub.

Even went to a Samsung store and they were very unhelpful. 

Is anyone else having this?

9 REPLIES 9
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you try some other WiFi network? 

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

I have tried but the issue is intermitent so hard to tell

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@niraj12  could try the following:

Go to Settings- Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog symbol to the right of your router - Forget . This is the bottom right on the list. Toggle your Wi-Fi off and on again - Select your router from the list of available connections, and run through all the connection steps.

Thereafter go to Settings - Connections - Wi-Fi - Tap the cog next to your router  - view More ,select the MAC Address Type and set this to Phone MAC. If the issue persists, an idea  pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, the reason being that this will refresh the software and may address any issues that might be causing problems. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
niraj12
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for taking the time to help. I have tried using the phone's MAC, I have cleared the cache through the recovery menu, we have even factory reset the phone.

Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
Have you tried wiping the cache partition after any system updates e.g. the one ui 6.1 update and latest patch to see if that helps. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ I have just upgraded from my A54 for the S23 FE and have no issues on WiFi or mobile connections.
0 Likes
Members_wuVqAix
First Poster
Options

Yeah, S23FE keeps randomly disconnecting from any wi fi network i happen to be on. Tried all solutions but none have worked.

more worryingly, when the phone drops off wi fi, it straightaway connects to mobile data ! have had to switch off mobile data as i was nearing my limit. This is NOT what anyone should expect from a new phone, Samsung HAVE to address this issue and sort it out for all users.

niraj12
Pioneer
Options

We had exactly the same issue. I've used 50 percent of my data allowance in 2 days because of this. Samsung refuse to acknowledge this issue so have no choice but to return the phone. 

0 Likes
Members_wnDi6Qy
First Poster
Options

I have this problem too with my new S23FE. Every now and then the wifi connection will drop, even though it shows as connected, and can take a couple of minutes to auto reconnect. It also occasionally has the same issue with mobile data too. I've tried the various steps below but nothing is working. I really don't want to return the phone because it's taken ages to get it set up the way I want, and I need it for work.

0 Likes
UZI9
First Poster
Options

i have the Same issue as above states connected to internet but no internet, all other devices in the house 100% fine no issues. just the S23FE. does anyone know the solution or @samsung  are you going to address this issue?

0 Likes