Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from s22 to s23

(Topic created on: 10-02-2023 09:14 AM)
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Hi all just transferred data and apps from the s22 ultra to my S23 ultra. It transfers pics etc and apps and the apps appear but are greyed out. If I click on them it's ask for me to install. I thought they would all install automatically. As I have lots of apps this will take ages.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are apps in the transfer? Easiest way is just open play store and check for updates, it should just install everything
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Apps were in the transfer and they have but greyed out. Went into play store and updated and nothing happened
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh usually greyed out mean apps haven't been installed

But running Google play store normally installs it
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Didn't do that for me. Only when I click each one individually and go to Google play they will just update if necessary
0 Likes
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

this happened to me half the apps didnt go across the one that did were all grey out i was using smart switch and once id got all the stuff on the phone some apps didnt work properso had to delete and reinstall

still whatsapp does display the name of who sent the message till i open it

the edge lighting doesnt work for email apps

i did back up my s22 ultra to a usb pen so was going to reset the s23u and use the back up from s22u but im not sure if it will work or be ok

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Reset my S23 ultra and backed up data again then transferred using cable to cable instead of WiFi and it's worked. Took about 50 mins.
steelmalc
Helping Hand
Options

that how i did mine with the cable iv always used wifi in the passed but thought ill use the cable this time ...the trouble is now iv sent the s22u back so iv only got the back on a usb drive so not sure what to do for the best

S24 ultra 512gb-q95t tv- Galaxy watch 46mm
0 Likes