Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 02:48 PM)
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
I travel from london to stoke alot 4 hours by car,
with kids so i use hotspot for their gadgets and google maps and i charge cable at the same time.

I have 6 samsung handsets, and i have experimented on all of them, every year its the same issues with all handsets. 

Samsung s23 ultra, samsung z fold, samsung s range s20, s10e, and some older models.

If you put on a mobile hotspot and use the phone for google maps at the same time, & charge in the car at the same time, after 10 mins or so... it begins to heat up to the point the phone is way to hot to hold, and then it will start switching off and will not turn back on. 

So i have to travel blindly and entertain kids whilst driving. Until phone turns on. 

Then i have to get off the moterway and stop car and reset all the phone as i cant use it while i drive. Its very inconvenient, i thought maybe they update it every year... but not happend. 

Yo samsung... your phones are slick... but u need a fan somewhere.... get it in there! 

Maybe i should design your next one!
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
StephK1
Options

Hey there @t1uky, as you have mentioned that your phone becomes too hot to hold, we would like to investigate this further. If you are based in the UK/Ireland please send a private message to @Sam_UK where one of our moderators will be on hand to help. You can also reach out to our Technical Support Teams using the contact details found on the following link: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hardly surprising. Google maps can make the phone heat up, charging will make this worse and then using the phone as a hot spot is asking for problems.
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Lol
0 Likes
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Not sure how to do a @Sam_UK direct message?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
Joeeye
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You ever felt a home Router? Now picture that heat and placing it inside your phone. Then add GPS and charging heat and it isn't too hard to understand why your phone heats up.
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Laughing as its ironic.... and the part where you said asking for problems...
0 Likes
StephK1
Options
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Yes, i have, but the thing is... i bought a product that is capable of doing this..amd offers the facility to do it all at the same time...

If its not capable of running that facility at the same time then why not put it in the software of its maximum capability.

Then customers are aware.

My router is Virgin media, it runs 6g, high speed, downloads and streams and records and runs 23 gadgets in my house at the same time. And does not run hot or turn off. ...

I have also studied electronics and to be honest yes i understand, but the issue is... it shouldnt be made to be capable of doing it in the first place... appropriate measures should have been put into place, considering the amout of money you pay for it.
0 Likes