Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating

(Topic created on: 09-10-2023 02:48 PM)
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
I travel from london to stoke alot 4 hours by car,
with kids so i use hotspot for their gadgets and google maps and i charge cable at the same time.

I have 6 samsung handsets, and i have experimented on all of them, every year its the same issues with all handsets. 

Samsung s23 ultra, samsung z fold, samsung s range s20, s10e, and some older models.

If you put on a mobile hotspot and use the phone for google maps at the same time, & charge in the car at the same time, after 10 mins or so... it begins to heat up to the point the phone is way to hot to hold, and then it will start switching off and will not turn back on. 

So i have to travel blindly and entertain kids whilst driving. Until phone turns on. 

Then i have to get off the moterway and stop car and reset all the phone as i cant use it while i drive. Its very inconvenient, i thought maybe they update it every year... but not happend. 

Yo samsung... your phones are slick... but u need a fan somewhere.... get it in there! 

Maybe i should design your next one!
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Solutions should be within the product, not the person who paid for the facility and be told not to use it.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
You studied electronics, then you should be aware that trying to accommodate all you ask in the footprint the size of your phone is unreasonable at best.

It's like having one of those super ovens that claims to do various cooking modes, then asking it to do it all at once.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
🤡
0 Likes
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for your response, but i suppose i have a HUGE difference in opinion, you see....
Im a problem solver, thinker outside the box, make things the way i want them to be rather than accepting the issues and sitting on them.

I learned... never to settle... if there's a will then there is a way...

Whats the point of boxing up thoughts and problems and just accept it as..' it is what it is'.

If we all did this then whats the point of samsung or any other company doing reserch to make products better... surely the first product would be the best one? And why would we need a software update? If you can use the phone as it is?

You see new tech and all are invented daily,as we learn new things and look at different processes, phones are changed daily speed, looks, hardware,software, new things and thoughts and gadgets are here...

And they were not invented by constraints in mind... they we just invented... and the constraints were eliminated bit by bit.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Why don't you buy mobile broadband from one of the network providers, and use that in your car for all your connections? With 6 Samsung handsets you can't be short of a bob or two! Lol
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
There's a very good reason why they don't work like that. Firstly, what you're asking is highly inefficient. An SoC can only support so much power, so if you wanted to use everything available to it, you'd need to cut back so much performance from say the CPU to accommodate the power necessary to run the GPU, GPS, Modem etc. That's just not how it works, at least not efficiently. You cannot push that much power without consequences, that being heat. Not to mention you're restrained with batteries that could only push so much. If you wanted it to work that way efficiently without sacrificing current performance, you'll need battery packs with at least 20x capacity, unless you think less than an hours use is worth it. But even then, you'll need to contend with extreme heat. Samsung can't break the laws of physics unfortunately.
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Yes i can... but were missing the point.... there are many solutions... but its about the product and productivity...

Money, got nothing to do with it.
t1uky
Pioneer
Options
Laws are made to be broken, and thank you for your kind words and time.

We forget that it was humanity that set these laws, so humanity can also break them...i dont believe in limits, we just have to do better... and we can achive any goal we want.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I do see your point but productivity is not having the kids playing games in the back of a car! Name any make of phone that is capable of doing what you re asking of it, without any overheating issues.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
The hotspot facility is there to give your laptop an Internet connection on the go for productivity. Not for kids to connect all their gadgets.