Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra with Exynos has performance & display issues

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 06:36 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This does not bode well for all those users in Europe who will be receiving their Exynos S22 Ultra devices from Samsung on their official launch day, today, 25th February...

"the only thing I can say is to hold off on purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra for now if you live in Europe, because as it stands right now, the Exynos 2200 Galaxy S22 Ultra is completely unusable as a daily driver. It’s incredibly laggy and the battery life is terrible, too. This isn’t even the first day, it’s the second, and even “calibration” shouldn’t cause it to only have 50 minutes of SOT with 67% left."

(Source... Adam Conway, Senior editor at XDA-Developers)

I have a feeling that the new mantra for the Exynos S22 Ultra devices will be...

"Hopefully there will be an update to fix this soon"

If Samsung are able to release an update to fix these and other issues, they need to do it quickly before their returns date ends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
38 REPLIES 38
Scaryeire
Journeyman
Options

I'm a long term normal Galaxy S user, the phone is beautiful BUT the s****y chip absolutely is noticeable how slow and laggy it is opening a file is slow let alone apps crashing. The battery life is trash compared to the S21U. The point is this is An  expensive flagship phone that euopw get shafted with an inferior chip again. So this is not dramatic at all it's ridiculous why Samsung do this to their customer base.

KP_76
Voyager
Options

This is deja vu! Issues with a Samsung Exynos variant, people relying on an update or workaround.

No! This should not be happening on a brand new £1200 phone! Return your phone if it's bug ridden already, Samsung need to learn to provide people in Europe with a Snapdragon variant, not use us to test out their own built chipset.  

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Looks as though the new Day 1 patch has not fixed some users issues such as lag and screen...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/disappointed-and-returned/td-p/4880757#.YhjpEM...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-software-update-was-it-supposed-to-f...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra-exynos-lag/td-p/4893527#.Yhj1IpyeuJY...

There are no widespread reports of these issues on the worldwide Snapdragon models so it seems to relate to the Exynos chips.

The returns clock is now ticking for Samsung to rectify these problems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Scaryeire
Journeyman
Options

I think I will Have to I bought the 45w charger and doesn't charge much faster than 25w charger at all like a min or two. Disgraceful samsung lie and Europe takes the hit for it

steve0
Voyager
Options

It does not inspire confidence knowing that Samsung decided not to use exynos in the home country this year. If they really have faith in exynos, they should be carrying it in their home country.  

Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
So far my battery life is better than my S21 Ultra and I hope it stays that way. I know what you mean about the chip I have no performance issues as yet. Would I prefer the Snapdragon variant if it's better? Hell yeah! I'm a little disappointed on that front as well but so far my device is fine and I'm happy with it atm.
I haven't seen anything confirming the Snapdragon version performs better though? I may have missed that if it's the case.
Knowing there's a better version out there would play on me psychologically but I can deal with it I suppose.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
So far so good on my end. My own experience say otherwise so I hope those users get a fix. Returning is easy enough.
0 Likes
Scaryeire
Journeyman
Options

No its definitely noticeable poor battery and sloew lag even after today update. Benchmarks and performance shoe snapdragon better performance and battery life. Those same ones are showing s22u on a par with s21u but battery better on the s21u so has to be doen to the exynos chip. So for the most amazing fastest chip it's a crock of sh*t. Low balling Europe with inferior chipsets on a phone that's beautiful but very expensive. If you have s21u there is 0 point in upgrading, sure they even canceled their exynos event now we know why.. 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
In practice my S21 Ultra shows no speed or performance increases, in games or benchmarks over my S22 Ultra. I have no lag issues and no screen issues. But I was told last year when I had zero of these alleged issues with the S21 Ultra that I was lucky. Its interesting how "lucky" I am to have 4 flagship phones in a row without any of these bad experiences.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
They didn't use the Exynos in last years model at home either, so what's your point?
0 Likes