Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra (Exynos) Lag

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 12:00 AM)
MyNaMeIsJoe90
Explorer
Options
Anybody else noticing general lag and stutter when it comes to UI animations and scrolling in certain apps (Twitter for example).

My Fold3 feels so much smoother than my new S22 Ultra. I'm wondering if a software fix will sort it out or is it just the Exynos 2200 vs my Fold3's Snapdragon 888.
67 REPLIES 67
Breach
Explorer
Options

Yes. What's strange is that either it's super smooth or gets laggy... I thought it may be CPU throttling but maybe it's something else 

MyNaMeIsJoe90
Explorer
Options
Yeah, sometimes I'll go on the Google Discover feed and it's buttery smooth, sometimes it's a mess. Weird. Hoping the supposed day one update irons out some of this.
butty5
First Poster
Options
Yep mines like that too occasionally freezes aswell, snapchat is the worst feels like I'm using a old HTC from 10 years ago lol
ruuvvi
Navigator
Options

I'm having the same issue with Twitter especially, weird lagging. Phone is not hot so I don't think it's throttling but something else. I hop Samsung is aware of the issue and fixes it asap.

Jbp76
Apprentice
Options

Same problem, very slow and laggy, My xiaomi redmi note 10 pro is definitely more performing!! unacceptable!! 

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
Like you, I'm also coming from a device with a Snapdragon 888, and the exynos ultra just feels so much slower and jerky than the device I'm upgrading from.
Jittery scroll in apps, sometimes it takes a few swipes for apps (including the Settings app) to acknowledge my finger scrolling.
I've sped up the animations in the developer options just to try and make it feel better but it hasn't helped really.
JTC
Pioneer
Options
It's quite obvious they've released this device far too early. All we can hope for now is an update to solve all the problems,and there's soooo many of them 🙄
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
Just got the new update. Will see if that improves things
MyNaMeIsJoe90
Explorer
Options
Update unfortunately not showing for me yet 😭