Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor battery life on regular S22

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 06:57 AM)
Pocket1991
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I have Galaxy S22 for 7 days and the battery life i am getting is still terrible (8 hours on Screen off + 2.5 hours screen ON), Is it just me or is this really not enough to get through the day

15 REPLIES 15
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Depends on what type of apps you have loaded.
Things like Facebook are always running in the background.
If you go into battery and device care.
Tap on where it says battery.
Tap on the graph bit, and it should bring up a list of apps and the percentage of use.
The top ones will be using the most of the battery life.
Also while you are in battery and device care, optimise your phone as well.
It's good practice with any smartphone to restart it periodically.
I do all of mine once or twice a week.
You can setup the phone so it restarts during a time your not using it.
In battery and device care.
Tap on the dots on the top right
Go into Automation
Select the restart at set times. If you tap on the writing, you can set what time and day you want it to do that.
rimaarts
Apprentice
Options
switch off 120hz. switch off constant location tracking and constant WiFi scan (forgot the name). put display brightness as far down as you feel comfy. that gave me extra 30% screen time. I'm getting pretty consistent 5h screen time.
JTC
Pioneer
Options
No doubt it will all be OK in a future update like everything else 🙄
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
You've got to take into account that the device and battery are still learning usage patterns. 7 days of use where you are no doubt going through all functionality, tweaking, adding apps etc isn't sufficient. The battery learning will settle down and initial updates should help rectify any bugs.
0 Likes
Yesica
First Poster
Options

The same 

Screenshot_20220225-070100_Device care.jpg

 looks mine The battery was at 100 off I turn it on and a minute later it was at 99 3 minutes 98 now it's from 640 am to 7:24 88%. But I'm confused I don't know if it's my defective device or it's some software since it's new on the market I don't know if I have to change the device the truth is I don't want to because it's already configured and everything protected that you think is the device or the software all Samsung? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

As pointed out by @Richmar83 the Intelligent Battery will learn your usage patterns, and optimise the device over time, so you should expect to see an improvement to your battery life after a few weeks. In the meantime, please take a look at the following energy saving tips below.

- Shut down all background apps when not in use via the Recent Apps button
- Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Nearby Device Scanning > Off
- Turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use
- Head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Power Saving Mode > On, and check the additional options below
- Go back and select More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On > Enhanced Processing > Off.

Daluk
First Poster
Options

With all those settings turned off! It doesn't feel anymore like an 900 bucks flagship phone.

I could by an old nokia 3310 and the battery will las one week.

No wifi / no celular data / no 120fps / no BT .....

I checked my daughters iphone mini with a 2400mah battery, and it is lasting always 5 hours screen on time.

Rafal Marc
Apprentice
Options

I have S20 5G which is 2 years old and battery easily gets 5:30 screen on time.  New S22 gets 4:30h screen on time. I think it's a joke that a new phone is much worse than old one. Probably my last Samsung. 

Pojzo
Student
Options

It's not just you. Coming from the S20, I was expecting that the battery life would get better. I was again disappointed. It drops like crazy. I'm considering switching to another brand.