Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra Trade In - Device Will Be Locked

(Topic created on: 18-03-2022 10:08 PM)
Members_cd7QG3Q
First Poster
Options

Like many others here I took advantage of the S22 trade in offer. Sent in my S20 Ultra and received an email a couple of days later confirming Samsung had received it. That was a couple of weeks ago. Now my S22 is telling me it will be locked in 72 hours - although that deadline has already passed and it hasn't locked (yet!). I contacted Samsung and they said words to the effect of "don't worry, were sure it'll be probably fine"

WTF Samsung! 

3 REPLIES 3
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Deja-vu! ( remembering last years sorry mess). 😒
0 Likes
Samstar5
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same boat, I've sent my old phone back and now they're threatening to brick my new phone because the trade in is incomplete? 

Reading through threads from last year a lot of people had this issue and had zero response from MTR or Samsung regarding this issue but I can't see anyone who had it resolved? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Samstar5 : If you have returned your existing device using the pre-paid packaging provided, and have received a receipt confirmation via email, then please reach out to the Trade In Team on 0333 207 9676 or helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk and an advisor will be able to look into this for you. The team can also be reached at help@tradeinresponse.co.uk