Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Calls

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 03:17 PM)
Grannypants
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have googled and there isn't an option to record calls on my A71. Is there any way to get this feature pls? 😊
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
keith30
Maestro
Options
Your not allowed to record any calls as it's illegal in the UK so that's why there is isn't a feature built in. You might be allowed in the US but not in UK
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Grannypants ,

@keith30  is right. 

Based on Google’s security policy and local law, Samsung had blocked call recording through 3rd party ACR applications. So this operation is intended behaviour. However some 3rd party application developers had found a detour to record each voice during calls and applied it to their apps. Those applications have been working on previous Samsung devices whereas it was blocked on S9/S9+ devices and onwards due to improved call recording solutions. 

In case your country permits call recording by local law, voice recording during calls will be possible via preloaded Phone > Call application in upcoming software update. For this, Samsung is reviewing each local law again and allowed countries will be categorized in the near future. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just to add that it not technically  illegal to record calls in the uk 

However  it is illegal to share calls with 3rd parties without consent, see some information here https://www.gmal.co.uk/recording-phone-calls-on-your-mobile/ 

Anyway the facility was removed due to privacy/security issues and seems that the 3rd party apps which tended to have restrictions anyway are blocked.   Raised many times, one thread here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/uk-phone-usage-restrictions/td-p/5598519

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Grannypants
First Poster
Options
Ahhh, my sons records all his conversations. He has an S21 I think. It's annoying. Ok thanks
0 Likes
Grannypants
First Poster
Options
Yh, it's not helpful.
0 Likes
Grannypants
First Poster
Options
They used to be until quite recently. My sons S21 records calls.
0 Likes