Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button overheat

(Topic created on: 09-03-2022 02:11 PM)
Members_jvBIP5Y
First Poster
Options

Hey all.

I have had my Galaxy A22 5G since July 2021.

Today I have had issues with the power/fingerprint button overheating. Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried powering off the device for some time, but seems to overheat instantly when rebooting the device.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Hi @Members_jvBIP5Y 

This isn't something I've personally experienced, but I would like to help out! Are you still able to touch the power button due to the overheating, or is this too hot? Have you tried taking this to your nearest Support Centre to have it inspected by a Samsung engineer? 

Anthnoy762
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, may a22 5g power buttom is heating up to tje pount I can no longer touch it

0 Likes
EDC1
First Poster
Options

Can someone please tell me how to fix the power button from overheating or is it anything I can do on a Samsung Galaxy A03

0 Likes
amylealos
First Poster
Options

Too hot! Almost got blister

0 Likes
Ozona
First Poster
Options

I got a new A22 and the on button has started to become very hot.  Did you ever resolve your problem?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Ozona and all,

I would like to have a look at your cases. Are you using a case when that happens? Has the phone received any damage or have been near any liquids recently?

0 Likes
Aminakaltak
First Poster
Options

Hello.

Ive just been having issues with my pretty much brand new samsung galaxy a13 4g. The power off/on button has been overheating even though i havent been using it for  two weeks at all since ive been on vacation. Its burning hot while the rest of the phone is cold. When i turn it off it gets colder but as soon as its back on it starts heating up again. My phone has never been around liquids or any moisturizers since i dont use it so often due to having another phone. Its hot even without the phonecase on at all and it hasnt been in any moist enviornment. I would truly appreciate it if you got back to me as quickly as possible, thank you.

0 Likes
Mosse
First Poster
Options

I also have the Galaxy a13 4g for the last one year but the overheating issue started after 6 months. Now the power button is getting too hot with or without cover to the point you can't touch. Rebooting does not help. Yesterday I just waited for it to melt but did not happen. The phone is continuously hot, please help.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

@Mosse Let's try going through the steps on this page to determine if an inspection is required on your phone: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

0 Likes