Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove or disable Samsung Calendar app?

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 05:35 PM)
SyncmeAndroid
Student
Options

I have just bought a Galaxy A31 paying more than € 200!

Is there a ***** way to remove the Samsung Calendar app?

I'm using another calendar app and I'm happy with it, I don't want the Samsung calendar app around!

Moreover Samsung Calendar app is occupying (basically wasting) 66MB of my phone memory.

Last but not least I can not even find a way to disable it. 😡

I'm wondering why Samsung feels the need to put on his phones apps that are so hard/impossible to uninstall/disable. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

52 REPLIES 52
benjamir
Student
Options

You add nothing to this apart from smoke and mirrors.

It's not about the size of the app or the iPhone (I don't care)

It's about the fact that an app I don't want interrupts a work flow I'm used to and where Samsung doesn't add anything helpful -- similar to you.

0 Likes
RicD
Explorer
Options

Hi benjamir, reading your reply saddens me. Though my suggestions did not work for you a simple "thank you" would be more appropriate and appreciated for the effort made.

Allow me a few thoughts, first directly write to Samsung developers giving them your suggestions. Writing in this thread they may read what we write. Truth is most vendor provided forums are not read by product vendors, they provide forums for users helping help users only.

Phone venders all provide apps we users cannot remove, and may not like. A good example is the iPhone, it is considerably more locked down than any Android phone. 

Keep it simple, the Samsung Calendar app cannot be removed, end of story. Truly, I did my best politely providing suggestions and explanations, and work around for the Samsung calendar app hoping it  may work for you. 

Your reply and attitude towards me "...How about growing up and shut up..." came across as it is all about you, and how much more important you are. So Benjamir, I did my best, truly sorry it was not good enough and it upset you. Also, I do not suffer fools, thus I am now out of this thread never to return. Still, I wish you well.

Psibermage
Apprentice
Options

Totally agree. Samsung calendar has caused me to miss too many appointments and it took me six months to figure out why.

I've been using LG products for eight years now and buying this Samsung was a biggest mistake of my life. I feel that T-Mobile lied to me so that I would buy it, and it fails to live up to any of the promises, but there's just no getting out of the Deal, is there?!  I'll never buy a Samsung product ever again.

Psibermage
Apprentice
Options

I think we need a class action lawsuit against these cronies

Members_HPvczSl
First Poster
Options

at least I found a way to stop the samsung calendar notifications. Just go the the samsung calendar settings and disable all the calendar accounts. Mine was connected to the google calendar, so I was receiving 2 notifications every time.

Meg7
Apprentice
Options

Yes, this is my first and last Samsung experience because of stuff like this. Too many apps I can't opt out of.

Meg7
Apprentice
Options

I'd be happy if I could at least turn off the notifications, but that's disabled as well. I thought my Pixel was annoying, but Samsung is much worse in obstructing app choices from users. 

AndrewL
Options

@Meg7: It should be possible for you to disable alerts and notifications in the Calendar app. Please try opening the app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop-up window > Alerts > Alert settings > Tap on each individual alert type, and select 'No alert'. 

Now, close the Calendar and head to Settings > Apps > Calendar > Notifications > General notifications > Toggle the switch off so it greys out. Do the same for 'Other notifications' and you should not longer receive alerts and notifications from this app. To further limit the activity of the Calendar, head to Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits > Deep sleeping apps > Tap the '+' symbol in the top right > Calendar > Add. 

MikeTRex
First Poster
Options

This is SO wrong! Why do these tech giants believe they have a right to dictate EVERYTHING to us without EVER asking our permission? When I have bought something, it NO LONGER belongs to them so I should be able to control EVERYTHING that happens to my property WITHOUT unlawful dictates some arrogant lawyer devised to allow tech companies to spy on us, which is a CRIME itself!

Psibermage
Apprentice
Options

Not only do they make a lot of money by selling these products that aren't really ours in the first place, but they also make a profit from all the bloatware that they fill our phones up with before they even get off the factory shelves.

Why do they do it? Because they can. Because nobody thinks for themselves and figures there's no way around it. And maybe there isn't but this is not the way I want to live.