Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove or disable Samsung Calendar app?

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 05:35 PM)
SyncmeAndroid
Student
Options

I have just bought a Galaxy A31 paying more than € 200!

Is there a ***** way to remove the Samsung Calendar app?

I'm using another calendar app and I'm happy with it, I don't want the Samsung calendar app around!

Moreover Samsung Calendar app is occupying (basically wasting) 66MB of my phone memory.

Last but not least I can not even find a way to disable it. 😡

I'm wondering why Samsung feels the need to put on his phones apps that are so hard/impossible to uninstall/disable. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

52 REPLIES 52
Krb
Student
Options

It is grayed out snd does not even allow you to disable it.  Absolutely medding up my family coordination of calendars!  No more Samsung if this is how they play.

0 Likes
Krb
Student
Options

EXACTLY!!!!!

In todays world of electronic coordination this alone is absolutely worth trading brands over.  6 unhappy people in this family and counting.

0 Likes
Meg7
Apprentice
Options

I followed your directions exactly and was excited about it, but the options you mentioned did not exist under Alerts. I do not have alert settings, just two other useless options, which is why I and everyone else on this thread cannot succeed. And like others have mentioned, every other calendar app has a notification toggle switch that works, whereas this one has none, 8ncluding when you look at recent notifications and try to turn them off. It's been deliberately structured that way, and again, this is why this is my first and last Samsung phone. Sabotaging your customers and taking away their choices isn't a good way to make friends.

0 Likes
LisaCernich
Apprentice
Options

This is the only thing that worked for me..it was driving me crazy..first I turned off all permissions for samsung calendar then followed thus video...can't remove app but so far this stopped all the nonsense now I can peacefully use my Google calendar where I have tons of appointinents and events and such stored .

https://youtu.be/Z-omyzrGYdU

LisaCernich
Apprentice
Options

Along with this I also found out you have to open Google calendar and on settings panel on left you have to uncheck samsung calendar sincing..

This is the only thing that worked for me..it was driving me crazy..first I turned off all permissions for samsung calendar then followed thus video...can't remove app but so far this stopped all the nonsense now I can peacefully use my Google calendar where I have tons of appointinents and events and such stored .https://youtu.be/Z-omyzrGYdU

omega_dony
First Poster
Options

for me on my S10 installing outlook removed every notification and everything else from the samsung calendar automatically kinda replacing it

on my brand new s22 the samsung calendar app is now always in use even if you install outlook or something else so you end up having 2 of everything, you cannot disable it you are forced to use it (apple style :smiling-face:

what i ended up doing was tell the samsung calendar app to use the phone's calendar which has nothing setup, everything is in my outlook account so now only my outlook calendar notifies me

don't think you can remove the app unless you root your phone and install a custom variant of android

very disapointed in samsung for doing apple-like practices like this

0 Likes
Members_InvmwxT
First Poster
Options

Disable option is greyed out, so that is not possible 😪

0 Likes
omega_dony
First Poster
Options

for me i have to choose at least one calendar so i choose the local calendar which has nothing in it so i choose that one so the notifications never appear, only way for me to hid the samsung calendar

all my stuff is in outlook

sucks for you this is disabled :(, me i have many calendar choices, google, outlook, local, etc... 

0 Likes
toidisignusmas
Student
Options

Samsung is *****!

This is my id name lol

Can't stand those stupid apps that can't be deleted and mess up your work!!!

0 Likes