Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove or disable Samsung Calendar app?

(Topic created on: 23-10-2021 05:03 PM)
SyncmeAndroid
Student
Options

I have just bought a Galaxy A31 paying more than € 200!

Is there a ***** way to remove the Samsung Calendar app?

I'm using another calendar app and I'm happy with it, I don't want the Samsung calendar app around!

Moreover Samsung Calendar app is occupying (basically wasting) 66MB of my phone memory.

Last but not least I can not even find a way to disable it. 😡

I'm wondering why Samsung feels the need to put on his phones apps that are so hard/impossible to uninstall/disable. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

52 REPLIES 52
Darren22
Voyager
Options
Simple answer you can't.
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

As a general rule, you can't uninstall embedded apps (from personal experience, this applies to pretty much every device running Android). However, you can disable them reducing the overall amount of space they take up on your device.

Make your way to Settings > Apps > Select the app in question (you mentioned Calendar) > Disable.

capgrl
Apprentice
Options
So angry 😭
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Look at my post on bloatware removal. Just make sure you have the latest Samsung Drivers installed on your laptop, as well as Minimal ADB and Fastboot. Good luck! 👍

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/bloatware-removal-discussion/td-p/3942086
SyncmeAndroid
Student
Options

@Josh_S

On my Samsung Galaxy A31 phone as well as on my Galaxy TAB A7, the disable button for the Samsung Calendar app is greyed out!!!

Moreover on the Galaxy TAB A7 also the turn off notification button is locked/missing, hence I can not even turn off the notification of this evil Samsung Calendar.

Options

Not only can you not, if you use another app,  say Google calendar,  every time samsung calendar updates. It makes itself the default calendar app. I've missed appointments and lost business because of this. 

Kværn
First Poster
Options

I'm on an A52s - love the phone, hate that the Samsung calendar sneaks into the Google calendar as a barely noticeable default.... very easy to miss appointments, because they don't show up when looking at ones Google calendar in a browser, for example. Samsung - why oh why do you feel the need to add your own calendar app, when Google's is perfectly fine?! You made the product worse by confusion.
Tried to delete the Samsung calendar, but don't see how. Annoying!

tammy12345
First Poster
Options

same. this is a issue for someone that is not very tech sav.

Wendy_Woman
Apprentice
Options

THIS IS SO ANNOYING! I HAD A SAMSUNG GALAXY A LONG TIME AGO AND I REALLY LOVED IT. IT'S TOO BAD TO SEE HOW FAR DOWNHILL THEY'VE GONE. SMH 😔