Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove or disable Samsung Calendar app?

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 05:35 PM)
SyncmeAndroid
Student
Options

I have just bought a Galaxy A31 paying more than € 200!

Is there a ***** way to remove the Samsung Calendar app?

I'm using another calendar app and I'm happy with it, I don't want the Samsung calendar app around!

Moreover Samsung Calendar app is occupying (basically wasting) 66MB of my phone memory.

Last but not least I can not even find a way to disable it. 😡

I'm wondering why Samsung feels the need to put on his phones apps that are so hard/impossible to uninstall/disable. :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

52 REPLIES 52
pstock
Journeyman
Options

Not everyone else. I followed directions by AndrewL and RicD, and haven't heard a peep from Samsung Calendar since. (I also turned off "Allow background activity" under Apps > Calendar > Battery and denied all permissions under Apps > Calendar > Permissions.)  If you don't enter anything into Samsung Calendar, it can only pull events from other calendars (e.g. gcal). If you uncheck syncing for all of those, Samsung Calendar will be unable to pull anything and will nothing to notify you about. If some of these settings aren't available on your device, try changing whichever ones you can. De-syncing with other calendars alone (see RicD) should eliminate the notifications, and that should be doable on any device.

0 Likes
pstock
Journeyman
Options

I believe you can accomplish the same thing by unchecking all synced calendars in Samsung Calendar. This will unsync it with any and all gcal calendars, as well as any others. (I have several, so this way worked best for me.)

qwerty47
First Poster
Options

Josh_S, please edit your post at the beginning of this discussion because your instructions in that post are incorrect. It's really bad for users and for Samsung because everyone sees them and because you're a moderator. Many if not most people have complained that your instructions don't work because the Disable button is gray, but it seems you haven't even replied. 

The solution is to disable the calendar's notifications and permissions and to remove syncing with the preferred calendar app. Some of the settings in the otherwise excellent following instructions are in slightly different places on my Samsung phab: 

https://www.howtogeek.com/828230/how-to-get-rid-of-samsung-calendar-on-galaxy-phones/amp/

Several people complained about the permissions being given back due to automatic updates. The solution is to go to Google Play Store and find Samsung's calendar and remove its checkmark for Enable automatic updates (behind 3 dots) and then clicking Uninstall, which removes updates and makes it waste less space.

You may have to also go into your preferred calendar and uncheck boxes for Samsung's calendar. 

0 Likes