Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever since last Google update my device is showing as uncertified

(Topic created on: 16-05-2023 08:54 PM)
dgjnfdhj
Journeyman
Options
I did the Google security update in March and it changed my Play Store status from device certified to uncertified. I was previously using contactless payment but it says my device is insecure. I have spoken to Google and Samsung, as well as submitting an error report on this app, but I've got nowhere. Has anyone had this issue?
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you gone into settings > security and privacy > Updates. See if Google play system update needs updating. Make sure all apps are up to date and software.
0 Likes
dgjnfdhj
Journeyman
Options
Yes, Google Play is up to date. So are all apps and system updates.
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
Have you tried to reset the phone
dgjnfdhj
Journeyman
Options
As in factory reset? I draw the line at doing that. I did go into recovery mode to clear the system cache partition though.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/device-is-not-play-protect-certified/td-p/5818...
A link that was posted on members. Same issue as you. Might be worth a read.
0 Likes
Fizaan
Navigator
Options
If factory reseting is not an option then you can try adding a new Google account and see if that will fix the issue
0 Likes
dgjnfdhj
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for sharing.

I have a feeling I might have been miss-sold my phone. It was sold as a UK edition on Amazon but reading the reviews, a few people have logged the same issues with contactless payment. Do you know where I can check my IMEI to see country of origin?
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
0 Likes
dgjnfdhj
Journeyman
Options
They're charging for that service, 2.99 dollars. I have a dual SIM phone so that 6 dollars, which is a bit of a cheek. Do you know of any other websites? Thanks so much
0 Likes