Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Files and Fotos gone for no apparent reason

(Topic created on: a month ago)
Members_ZNbhNYO
First Poster
Options

Disclaimer: this website doesnt seem to have the A34 in its database (?????) so I just tagged this with A33 5G

So I own an A34 5G and last night it, for some reason, shut itself of. It took multiple attempts to turn it back on and when I did manage to turn it back it showed a unsual notification, something like "preparing OneUI" and was unsually laggy for a short time after booting up. Afterwards everything seemed normal, however some time later, I noticed that only the fotos that I had taken since that day were showing up in my galary. I couldn't find any of the previous albums, even under hidden albums, the lost fotos weren't in the trash folder and all my files like downloads had also dissapeared. Any idea what might have caused this and how I can prevent it in the future. I does seem google fotos has backed up all of my pictures so getting them back isn't the main concern here, I just need to figure out how to get them from the Cloud to my device.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Which cloud / online vault did you elect to set up @Members_ZNbhNYO  🤔 to back up your photo's. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_ZNbhNYO
First Poster
Options

All my fotos were backed up to google fotos, theres some things like notes and contacts synced to samsung cloud but those things werent deleted

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_ZNbhNYO: I'm not too sure what might have caused this to happen, although it is good to hear that your photos were backed up to Google Photos. For ease of access in the future, I recommend heading to the Gallery app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Settings > Sync with OneDrive, and follow the on-screen instructions. This will enable you to sync any backups directly from OneDrive to your Gallery, and also provides added peace of mind, should you encounter this issue again. 

0 Likes
Members_ZNbhNYO
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the help, I was really hoping to get to the root of this but oh well. Ill definitely make some backups to my pc now tho and probably also connect to onedrive like you recommended. thanks👍

0 Likes