Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A53 mystery storage

(Topic created on: 16-05-2023 11:09 PM)
GuessingGame
Student
Options

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Samsung A53 second hand, and did a factory reset so I could start afresh. However, the phone was lagging. So I went to my storage and discovered that 213 GB is currently being used by Apps. When I select the apps folder, the only thing with significant storage space is Spotify which is taking up 2GB. Everything else is less than 100mb. I also only just got the phone, so it has very few apps. I've cleared my cache history. Where could the other 200GB + be coming from, and how do I get rid of it?

Screenshot_2023-05-16-23-54-29 (1).png

4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
This is not the latest software Samsung has on the A53. Software looks very outdated. Where did you purchase your phone from? You may want to check your phone is a genuine Samsung A53. You will probably find the phone doesn't have 256gb.

https://stealthoptional.com/how-to/how-to-check-if-samsung-phone-is-original/
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Sorry to say it, but whatever you bought it wasn't a Samsung. Your screenshot shows a layout that isn't Samsung software (signal meter on the left, AOSP storage page).
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
That's definitely not a Samsung phone i would return it
0 Likes
GuessingGame
Student
Options

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I got duped - Definitely a fake. Bought it on FB market place, so probably won't do that again.