Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Emergency contacts

(Topic created on: 26-04-2023 03:41 PM)
Alnasim
Journeyman
Options
Hi,

For some reason when I go to add emergency contacts my contacts don't show up. 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi they are usually setup in the SOS or screen information settings

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Alnasim
Journeyman
Options
Tried that. My contacts don't show up when I'm trying to set it up
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Alnasim  Have you accessed via  settings-Safety and Emergency, ensure Emergency SOs is toggled on.  Go to Emergency Contacts-Add Member.  Contacts should appear enabling you to Select.   Judging from Members 'previous experience it seems the contacts need to be saved to the phone rather than the Sim Card.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

QTUSA
Student
Options

Save contacts only to the phone?  This doesn't help millions of Samsung customers that save their contacts to their Google account.  Not sure why, but I can see the emergency contact names, but they do not do anything with the locked screen.  In other words, I can read it but they don't call, there is no visible phone number, just the names that do not do anything.

0 Likes
cjfp
First Poster
Options
Still doesn't work with non phone contacts !
0 Likes
Alnasim
Journeyman
Options
Neither does it work if it's saved on the sim. It's incredibly stupid. Only works if it's saved to Google
Alnasim
Journeyman
Options
Other way round works with numbers saved on google account, doesn't work for numbers saved on the sim
0 Likes
Topcat01
First Poster
Options

So I had the same problem. I solved this by importing my contact from my sim to my phone.

So, go to contacts.

Tap the 3 lines. Manage my contacts. Import contact. Import contact from Sim...to the phone. That missing contact should now hopefully be available in the emergency list.

Best of luck.

burto23
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with majority of contacts not appearing in the Emergency Contacts list to choose from. I try and add an Emergency Contact and it shows only 1 contact which is on a secondary Google account. I moved the contact I want to that account, yet Emergency Contacts still can't see it.

I moved the single contact visible in the Emergency Contacts list off the Google account to another account and it disappears as selectable in the Emergency Contacts list. 

I moved the contact I want to the Phone itself and that contact is now selectable as an emergency contact. 

But of course I want the contact in my Google account, not the phone.

The emergency contacts process is broken Samsung.