Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android up 13 - can't send MMS

(Topic created on: 13-12-2022 09:06 AM)
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
Hi, my A22 had android 13 update this morning and since that I've not been able to send MMS picture messages. I'm on giffgaff ....anyone had the same issue, if so how did you resolve it? Many thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What app your using? Have you tried with Google messages and Samsung messages just to isolate if it's the phone, app or network
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Its something with the chat feature that knocks this off balance, I turned mines off and I'm on giffgaff so it's defo the chat feature in message settings
0 Likes
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
It's samsung messages, but I've tried Google, plus tried a few other apps ..... I think its more the case Samsung and Giffgaff aren't that compatible when it comes to MMS messaging. I've tried everything, even a factory reset and still can't send MMS 🤦‍♀️
0 Likes
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
My chats off. I had the same issue when I got the phone. After hours of reading forums and playing about I sorted it but it's been since update this morning I can't send MMS. Tried everything, different apps, factory rest ..... I'm at a loss. Only had the phone 3 months but I wish I'd not got a Samsung because I think the issue is more with the phone compatibility than it is with Giffgaff tbh.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I have no issues sending MMS on Giffgaff on a s21fe (or my old s8+ and S10).

If you didn't sort your APN setting out as you noticed they were different in November then that's your problem (still) I'm afraid. It's unlikely your android 13 update is at fault (I've not noticed any firmware/security update altering my phone provider settings. Past or present).
It's still (sounds) like a Giffgaff MMS, Access Point Name (APN) settings error. At least in my opinion.

Just referring to your earlier post in November.
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/unable-to-send-mms-picture-messages/td-p/6387462

Have you asked the Giffgaff community to walk you through the process of updating your MMS settings?
If you cannot get them sent automatically to your device (texting settings to 2020 still doesn't work for me), Then follow the guide, make a new set of settings and delete the old one.

They have very detailed guides regarding this. I'm sure the peeps over there will be more than happy to walk you through the required steps. There is also a chance someone over there can push the settings to your phone.

No dedicated customer phone support is the only downside of Giffgaff but the support forums are really helpful and quite prompt.

Best of luck, All the best.

Edit:-
If you don't want to ask the community then ask a Giffgaff representative directly.
* Ask a Giffgaff support agent. (You will need to log in using your Giffgaff ID)
* https://support2.giffgaff.com/app/ask
0 Likes
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
I did have an issue when I first bought the phone which I sorted by creating a new APN. All was good, no issues sending MMS until android update yesterday. Giffgaff community advise samsung and giffgaff aren't that compatible when it comes to MMS ..... which is what Ive already stated so in response to your flippant 'its your problem' yes it is but not as a result of anything I've done. If you get off on being so rude to people that are looking for a bit of help I'd suggest this forum isn't for you!
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
Read this! ...... note who it's from!Screenshot_20221213_090401_Samsung Internet_1000000415_1670922298.jpg
0 Likes
AntS
Options

*ahem*

Hi guys. Just adding this:

If you didn't sort your APN setting out as you noticed they were different in November then that's your problem (still) I'm afraid” could also be interpreted as KevP79 speculating (correctly or incorrectly) on the current issue being a hangover from the previous one, rather than it being your fault/responsibility, Anna-Marie. I'm more leaning towards the former interpretation, but I can see why the latter can be easily done. 

Also, if you haven't done so already, and if you wish to, it might be worth sending an error report with log files on this one to see if there's anything the Samsung developers can do to resolve the potential compatibility issue.

Guidance for sending error reports:

As soon as the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

That will send that report and log files for the Samsung developers to analyse.

0 Likes
Anna-Marie
Journeyman
Options
AntS. Why would or should I have notice my APN settings were different when I'd created a new APN weeks ago which meant I was able to send MMS messages no problem? There were no issues at all prior to Android 13 update. I had been told by Giffgaff community members and a subsequent giffgaff agent that Samsung aren't always that compatible when it comes to sending MMS so I didn't appreciate that being questioned or pooh poohed hence the screenshot. Thank you for your message and trying to help. I've sorted the issue myself with reading other forums, a bit of playing around with the APN and a bit of commonsense. I'm clearly more technical than some on here. Thanks again. Enjoy your evening.