Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A71 Bending Issue

(Topic created on: 18-11-2021 05:46 AM)
Members_Y7wPAoR
Student
Options

Hi,

I have an issue with my Samsung galaxy A71. 

I accidentally dropped my phone and bent it. But the functions are still ok and the screen's fine.

How to remove this bend? Any help /lead?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Turn it off and gently heat it with a hair dryer before very carefully manipulating the bent frame back the other way. Avoid putting pressure on the screen
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hopefully you've not affected anything inside including the battery @Members_Y7wPAoR  Keep a close eye on it please.

If you took the phone to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre they would levy a charge due to this not being covered in the manufacturing warranty but at least the retification is being carried out by an authorised engineer.

Other than that it's completely up to you if you take another route but please just be careful.

If the bend isn't too bad then perhaps consider putting it in a case that may hide the bend and protect it from further accidental damage.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I advise taking it to a phone repair shop near you and they can easily fix this issue 😉. Hope this helps! 🙂
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_Y7wPAoR: I definitely recommend reaching out to our Help Desk to arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired by an authorised engineer, as opposed to attempting the repair yourself. This will ensure that the phone is returned to its warranty specifications, and prevent any future issues form arising from the damage. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes