Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 videos in fast foward, no sound mode.

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 11:40 PM)
LF93
Journeyman
Options

Since my last update my A50 is playing videos in fast forward mode. The sound will not play either. No sound for alarm, music or videos either. I've reset the phone several times, that helped at first. I removed the SD and sim card, that helped once too. Nothing since despite factory restting the phone. First I had a mic issue which needs repairing and now this, help!!!

56 REPLIES 56
Aryan Jinesh
First Poster
Options

Hey could you fix it

0 Likes
A50G
First Poster
Options

Here is the problem, you have to finish the update, worked for me, you can try it!

20220215_020334.jpg

Mantik
First Poster
Options

After 2 YEARS there is still no adequate solution and also no fix since it happened to me 2 days ago. Seriously how big ... you giving about this problem

0 Likes
Basitmos
First Poster
Options

Hi, this is a problem for me too. To add other stuff I saw regarding this problem, I decided to reply.

I was delaying an update for a long time and decided to update it (Last was Oct 2021). After some time, my mic and speaker started to not work so I tried to remember if I dropped it in water but I certainly don't remember anything of some sort. Then videos started playing on x2, even on platforms where it doesn't have a feature like that (Snapchat, Whatsapp). I noticed that my sound buttons (which were set to Media) were toggling sound for phone when it is open, and Notifications on sleep mode. After a while the videos did not start at all. It would say resumed and not play it. In Snapchat, it would open and close immediately. After a week, it randomly came back, worked for 2 more days and came back to square zero. On phones, the other person can't hear me and nor can I.

0 Likes
Mantik
First Poster
Options

Yea, totally same issue... found solution? To me it looks like the motherboard is  or some mechanical connection on loose. It is not 'cause of software I guess. Somewhere I read "massage" the back of the phone, so I tried knocking several times on the back and then restart and sometimes it works, sometimes I have to repeat the process but in the end the phone start working as before, well... until I throw it or put it down toughly. Then after sometime phone starts lag hard and in the end crash and self reboot. But it's all just a GUESS, nothing proved.

0 Likes
Neba91
First Poster
Options

Year and a half later I haven't had any problems since I did a master reset. I update the software regularly and the phone works fine.

For anyone doing master reset, use Samsung Smart Switch to backup all of your apps/data/files to your PC first.

0 Likes
Mantik
First Poster
Options

Well, I did the master reset and the very next day it crashed again so... idk anymore

0 Likes
Options

i would like to try it out

0 Likes
Options

How??

0 Likes
Mantik
First Poster
Options

Don't even bother, it doesn't help. I took the phone into service and after 3 and half WEEKS they said it is something with mother board, don't know what but it is caused by mother board. Exchanged for used mother board (cause new with be x2 more expensive) and works fine

0 Likes