Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A23 not starting after latest update!!!

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
trini76ster
Apprentice
Options

After an update last week, the A23 phone wont start. Nothing seems to work, it is completely dead.

SAMSUNG, what's going on with the phone and your update?????

102 REPLIES 102
darmiles
Apprentice
Options

hello guys  i am cellphone teCHNICIAN.  i have 16 customer having a same problem after update there phone wont start again

MrMarkilys
Apprentice
Options

Hey everyone,

I've also seen this issue more than once now, not just on the A23 4G. I have tried to do the button restart, PC reset, and leaving it on a Samsung charger for hours, but nothing works. I plugged the phone into an ammeter to see if power was getting to the phone, and I found that it only fluctuates between 0.14 and 0.00 amps.

I tried a charger port and battery replacement and neither fixes the problem.

I have no idea what could cause this from a software standpoint. All I know right now that the phones are just bricks and will not power on.

I'm going to look further into if it is causing any shorts on the logic board. If anyone has any ideas, please reply!

Ur_shanu
Explorer
Options

It's not working... What's next?

0 Likes
Ur_shanu
Explorer
Options

Do you have any solution to fix it?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You would need to get in touch with support in your region or a Samsung Service centre.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

Since Samsung's warranty period is probably 2 years, I can only refer to @JAMES4578's note that the device should be sent for service. But that is absolutely not a solution and a s****y solution. In many cases, Samsung has simply hired some companies that may... have nothing to do with Samsung itself. Actually, it's all about minimizing tyour financial damage. The case may not even really be covered by the warranty conditions.... You won't get a reasonable answer from Samsung...

If you look at it objectively, you can buy a new device straight away. Many people need their cell phones, just for banking and communication. Before you send the device for service, you can back up everything. Actually you should reset the device... That's the first big problem. Even if the service is quick, you can't rely on them to solve/understand the problem the first time. Even if the service is able to "fix" it.The service will not solve the basic problem either, i.e. it is not even a solution.

In the best case scenario, you still have a service center on site where you can talk to people. Otherwise you can only look for solutions yourself so that someone has solved the problem themselves.

I can only advise EVERYONE to pursue the matter further. Until the END, no matter how long it takes!

If the problem exists, then there would only be ONE solution:
1.) Samsung must specifically acknowledge the problem
2.) Give concrete instructions for action, especially to service or after-sales service providers.
3.) Only then do customers know what's going on and can act.

I think everyone here just wants products that work without problems.

0 Likes
samgalaxyA23
Explorer
Options

What part of this thread did you miss ? YOU CANT BACK UP ANYTHING OR EXTRACT ANYTHING. The phone does not respond to any inputs or outputs the battery has been tested and is in mint condition, it can even charge independent of the phone, not only we are unable to get any data back but the phone is not recoverable with any HARD OR SOFT reset, it does not respond to being plugged into a computer either so you cant flash it or do any sort of repair, these phones are NEW and somehow this update managed to break part of the hardware, how is this even possible !!!!

DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

Yes, that's the big problem in this case.... You can't reset the device and back up data.

You either send it with your personal data, which is not a good option in case of confidentiality and/or in case of availability, because support may delete all data.....

As I said, Samsung must first acknowledge the problem and then provide concrete information. Everything else is not a viable solution. Otherwise you can write off the device straight away and get a new one. It may then just be a matter of getting the financial loss compensated somehow.

RobJKR
Journeyman
Options

My Galaxy A23 also died after the most recent update.  I live in Canada and purchased an international version phone via a Walmart online seller.  I contacted Samsung Canada support and they refused to acknowledge any blame.  They told me to take it to a local repair facility for diagnosis, which i am reluctant to do because I will be required to pay for the diagnosis/repair (if possible).

DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

I cannot understand Samsung's reaction.

Quite soberly, you have the following situation:

Your smartphone is defective. You don't know the cause and you probably didn't do anything wrong. The problem may or may not be related to the update. You don't know. It's not your job either. By the way, Samsung doesn't know that either. Based on the error, one can suspect a hardware defect.

The question now is, is this a warranty case? I don't know whether the warranty conditions apply in your country. The warranty conditions are also very hardware-centric, software errors are not explicitly mentioned. It's also very spongy. The warranty conditions speak of material or manufacturing defects, not explicitly software. At the same time, my warranty conditions state that if the device is defective under normal usage conditions, you should contact support 😕

In your case it will be funny. If you haven't made a mistake, there are theoretically (I use the word deliberately) only two options. Either it is a hardware failure that is actually covered by the warranty OR it is a problem with the update/software.. Here Samsung would have to admit that there is a problem with the update and possibly be out of warranty. But it will probably be attributed to user error, which theoretically can be the case.

I don't know what Samsung means by local repair facility, if it means what i think you should lose all warranty rights by doing it.