Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio cut-off every 5-7 seconds and playing again

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
legarum
First Poster
Options

Hello!
After the latest update of my A72 I have a problem with any audio (Music, Youtube, any video from gallery). It is playing but every 5-7 seconds the sound cut-off happens for 1 second and then continue playing.

What I did try:
1. Cleared cache of Partition
2. Tested dynamic in Members app - the cut-off also happens there
3. Tried to open in Safe Mode - same result

What can be the problem and what can I try? I know that I can do a factory reset, but that's the last measure that will require huge amount of time to save all the data etc.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
legarum
First Poster
Options

Forgot to mention. It happens on phone dynamic, or wired headphones. But it doesn't happen on my Samsung Buds

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

So audio cutout is wired and wireless, but not Buds, what do you mean by Phone Dynamic ?

Is it only video or audio-only files?

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
legarum
First Poster
Options

Thank you @Obsydian 
The audio cutoff happens:
- When no headphones are connected. That's what I mean by Phone Dynamic. I mean, internal phone speakers. When I talk to someone or listen music or watching any video (youtube/gallery) it cut-offs.
- When wired headphones are connected in all the same scenarios
- When bluetooth headphones are connected BUT only during calls

When the problem doesn't appear:
- Only in case when I am listening music using bluetooth headphones

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Hi @legarum what do you mean by "phone dynamic" ? equaliser settings.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
legarum
First Poster
Options

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean @Obsydian . ANY audio that the phone is playing via it's own speakers (not via headphones) have that problem. That's what I mean. Sorry if I am not clear enough

0 Likes
WheissRS
Student
Options

A couple of weeks ago after a spontaneous system update during the night i woke up with my A52 crazy hot and stuck into reboot loop, i sended to the technician, at some point he managed to turn it on and make something, when i got it back i noticed that now both audio and mic was cutting each 5 seconds, brought to the technician again and left there for a week, when i got it back i asked what he did and he said it fixed itself, probably with a system update again. Well at least this is better than those A23 getting dead bricked after this system update haha

0 Likes
WheissRS
Student
Options

I couldn't confirm 100% since i wasn't paying much attention, but while i was doing my beard on the bath using the front camera while listening the interrupting music i noticed a pop-up notification from this 1weather bloatware (which also installed with that last update and i couldn't remove it) JUST while the audio got cut-off, but the app notification sound felt like it didn't. Now that i got my cellphone back i noticed the app is gone, it could be a coincidence or couldn't 

0 Likes
WheissRS
Student
Options

Oh wow nevermind speaking of the devil, this problem of yours just came back to my device out of nowhere, but it's not that frequent than before, now I'm lost too.

EDIT: Aaand now it stopped, wtf?

0 Likes
legarum
First Poster
Options

Wow @WheissRS, that's so weird! Do you see or can think of on what it can depend? I feel completely lost in terms of what can influence that

0 Likes