Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey G7 32'' firmware upgrade

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 03:20 PM)
slaader
First Poster
Options

I'm unable to perform firmware upgrade on any of my two Samsung Odyssey G7 32'' monitors.
Setup:

• Monitor - Model Code - LC32G75TQSUXEN
  • Monitor - Software Version - M-TG700CCAA-1004.0 (both)
  • I've tried to perform upgrade using macOS and win10 devices and three different USB stick (just for sake...), SD Card via USB adapter. USB sticks 1x 4GB USB2.0(Verbatim), 1x 16GB USB2.0(Kingston), 1x 128 USB3.0 (SanDisk)

Steps:
1. Downloaded 1009.3 from Samsung website

2. Formated USB sticks to FAT32

3. Copied downloaded M-TG700CCAA-1009.3[E93D].bin file as is, another try I decided to change file name to M-TG727CCAA-1009.3[E93D].bin as wizard on monitor responded and also as in some forums is suggested I've tried to rename It to M-TG700CCAA-0000.0[E93D].bin . Every time file copied to root of USB drive

Unfortunatelly none of my attempts was successful.
I wonder if there is another way how to perform firmware upgrade or if I can try to use older firmware (?).
I tried to modify URL as current firmware provides like e.g. (VPath=FM/202007/20200717172526336/M-TG700CCAA-1005.3.zip) but without success.

Any recommendation here please (I'm kinda desperate since don't wanna waste my time to send this for a service and wait for a weeks just because firmware issue...)

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
AsadM
Options

Hi @slaader. I'm sorry to hear that. Did you extract the upgrade file from the zipped folder before putting the extracted version onto the USB? 

0 Likes
slaader
First Poster
Options

Hi @AsadM  and thank you for your response/questioning.

On macos the file I've downloaded is directly in bin format. On windows, yes, I've unzipped the zip and just for sake attaching current state of flash drive bellow.
Poznámka 2020-11-30 161853.png

Also just to be clear, forgot to mention "info" msg while trying to perform upgrade.

No update files found on your USB device. 
Please check your USB device and try again.

(File Name: M-TG727CCAA-****)

If you have additional hints or if you can direct me with some link to some archive of firmware (I wonder that maybe 1004 - 1009 wasn't tested or whatever ? :face-with-tears-of-joy: ).

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
manuxxc84xx
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i have the same problem i have a LC32G75TQSUXEN his firmware version is: M-TG700CCAA-1008.0

I had wrote the file bin M-TG700CCAA-0000.0[E93D].bin inside the main directory of my usb key (formatted in FAT32) the upgrade start but after the reboot of the monitor the version of the firmware is still 1008.0

Can you help me, please?

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@slaader @manuxxc84xx 

hello

-try inserting to another Service/USB port of the monitor

-restart the monitor

-on the monitor, press jog button on back / Select → System → Software Update

-if won't work, reset the monitor first then retry

press jog button, Menu → Setup/Settings/System/Support → Reset → Reset All

*Fat32 / USB 3 and below / extracted file to copy only on root directory 

thanks 😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
manuxxc84xx
First Poster
Options

Hi @bluberry_cheesecake,

i have tried to follow your instruction but it doesn't still work.
The monitor allow me only use the external usb port to update it, the second doesn't find anything.

Anyway i'll try in next days with another usb device, but i don't think this is the problem.

Bye Manuel

0 Likes
aureliagrzegorz
First Poster
Options

Hi, I got the same problem. Monitor came in today with firmware 1008 and showing same information

No update files found on your USB device. 
Please check your USB device and try again.

I hope someone help :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
aureliagrzegorz
First Poster
Options

All sorted. By mistake pendrive was Exfat instead Fat 32.

0 Likes
vReddy
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same issue. I wonder if it is due to the fact that the file name is (M-TG700CCAA-****) and it is expecting it to be 

0 Likes
DarkLordZul
First Poster
Options

Fix it as I had the same problem with the new firmware M-TG700CCAA-1013.2.

Use an old small flash stick - for me it only picked up the file once I used a 4GB one.

Tired with 32GB and 16GB memory stick and neither worked.

0 Likes