Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID SERIAL NUMBER in Samsung Redemption

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 03:34 AM)
jbl14
First Poster
Options

I bought a 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung has a cashback promo for SSD's. But when I type the serial number on Samsung Redemption site. It says the Serial number/IMEI is invalid. Does anyone experience the same?

I have emailed promos@samsung.au multiple times already but no luck on reply.

Can anyone confirm that this cashback promo is legit?

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jbl14 

Do you have a link to the promotion itself you can send through?

0 Likes
jbl14
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Thanks for sending this link. Are you located in Australia? Have you tried getting in touch with Samsung Australia Support about this? 

0 Likes
jbl14
First Poster
Options

Yes I am here in Australia and Yes I did many times, they told me that they have nothing to do with the promos. And that I should email promos@samsung.au but I haven't received any response from them. 

0 Likes
tuongdanchoi
First Poster
Options

Have the same invalid serial number/IMEI for my 970 EVO PLUS 500GB.

Tried emailing promos@samsung.au twice but no response.

Support team told me this can only be resolved by emailing promos@samsung.au 😞

Apparently this is common issue where Samsung has not updated their database for our serial number. Kinda dissappointed.

0 Likes
Larry5
First Poster
Options

Same here, invalid serial number/IMEI with 970 EVO Plus 1TB purchase. I asked the online chat what to do and was told to send an email to promos.au@samsung.com detailing my lack of success. That was yesterday. Haven't had a response as yet.

I don't know if it's legit but can only hope.

0 Likes
Larry5
First Poster
Options

I received an email today stating the problem has been fixed and was able to register for the cash back (its status is submitted) so I guess I'll watch my account for the rebate. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It does seem that there's been some confusion with the Promotions Team's contact email address here, for which we apologise. The correct email address is promos.au@samsung.com.

Ian-W
Apprentice
Options

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!   It is very disappointing that people are having so many issues getting access to an advertised promotion, I expected better from a large company like Samsung. This is not a new problem and I would not have chosen the drives I did had I known of these issues, this should have been solved months ago. I have sent an email after getting sent in circles so I will wait for a reply. If it is not received within a reasonable time-frame I will submit a complaint to the ACCC and show them the many examples of others struggling to get what is owed to them.