Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 27-06-2021 02:00 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have exact same setup ... Samsung 75" QLED TV with Onkyo AVR. Everything worked well for a couple weeks using Hulu app, but now randomly, the audio connection gets dropped.  I can power cycle the Onkyo AVR and get it to sync again, but very annoying.  What use are these "standards" when these companies don't fully comply (or thoroughly perform compatibility testing)?  Very frustrating.

0 Likes
worstTVever
First Poster
Options

Samsung 65" QLED with Onkyo AVR.  Same issue as all of you that has appeared randomly after two years of no-issue operation.  Power cycling solution worked the first time and lasted for about a month.  Now, no longer how long I leave the TV unplugged, I simply do not get receiver as an audio out option - just TV speakers or Optical.  It can recognize my Onkyo in the source list, but cannot recognize it as an audio out option.  Am completely lost as to what to do.

Like many others, I will never buy a Samsung product, let alone a TV, ever again.

Weathers
Apprentice
Options

Feel your pain matey...have learned to live with it but drops handshake with my pioneer every two days or so...garbage !! One thing with an LG..it’s seemless

0 Likes
Jet_Lagg
Explorer
Options

I looked up my solution to this problem posted here in October 2020....

Unplugged TV, left for a time and whoopee, all functions are back again!

So now TV is on a timer, turns off completely overnight and on again in the morning!

Still working fine, such a simple work around (although we should not have to do a work around for Samsung deficiencies!)

Good luck with your own solutions to this ongoing Samsung problem!

Rjhlemn
First Poster
Options

My Roku remote quite controlling my AVR sound a few weeks ago. It was fine before we went out of town for the weekend then not fine when we got home.  I think the power may have been out for some amount of time while we were gone (some of the clocks in the house needed to be reset).  Anyway, I tried everything I could think of and everything I could find on this and a few other message boards.  I could not get the TV to recognize the AVR in the HDMI-CEC setup window.  Finally, I replaced the HDMI cable from the TV to the receiver making sure it was a newer high-speed cable.  BINGO!  The remote started controlling the AVR sound again.  Note: I also made sure the remote was outputting the TV volume up and down commands by first plugging the Roku into one of the non-ARC HDMI ports and reprogramming the remote to control the TV sound.  Then I connected the Roku back to the AVR.  As others have stated here, the remote is telling the TV to turn volume up or down and the TV is passing that message to the AVR using the HDMI-CEC functionality.

0 Likes
Arcite
First Poster
Options

I started having this problem a few days ago.  Like many who have posted in this thread, I tried many solutions, but none worked.  However, I just got the system working again, so I wanted to post what worked for me just to help out the community.  I saw this idea posted upthread or in a similar thread, I can't remember.

1. Unplug both the TV and the receiver, and leave both unplugged for at least 15 minutes.

2. Remove ALL source inputs going into the TV: HDMI, coax, USB, you name it.  I unplugged everything from my TV except the ethernet cable.

3. Plug TV back in and turn it on.  Then reboot it by holding down the power button on the remote until the screen displays "QLED."  Leave the TV on.

4. Connect the receiver to the TV's HDMI eARC port.

5. Plug the receiver in and turn it on.

Once I did that, within seconds, the TV displayed a popup message saying something like "Dolby Atmos compatible receiver detected" and everything started working.

Hope that works for some other people too.

MrTech911
First Poster
Options

Not sure if I ever replied on here but with regard to no sound from home theater sound system when the TV is playing movie via apps (Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc.) or antenna/cable, most of the time, it's because the AV receiver was misconfigured. The slightest incorrect configuration will cause this issue and it doesn't matter what brand you bought...all electronics rely on proper configs. Below, is my method to set up a home theater system. Although this one is specific to Samsung TV and Yamaha sound system, you'll need to tailor the configuration step for whatever brand you have. But you get the idea...

STEP 1 - INSTALLATION

A - Wiring:
1. Need two ARC/eARC HDMI cable
2. TV - Insert the first HDMI cable into designated, 'HDMI ARC' port. Connect this cable to the sound system's Audio-Video receiver's designated, 'HDMI ARC' port.
3. Using second HDMI ARC cable, plug into regular 'HDMI' port on the disk player and other end into the regular 'HDMI' port on the audio-video receiver.

B - Power On All (no specific order):
1. AV Receiver
2. Disk Player
3. TV

STEP 2 - CONFIGURATION

A - Configure the Samsung TV
1. Click on 'Settings' button or scroll to the 'Settings' on the screen.
2. Select 'General', then 'External Device Manager'.
3. Turn on 'Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)'.
4. Go back to the main page of Settings, select 'Sound'.
5. Select 'Sound Output', and set it to 'TV Speaker'. Do not set it to 'Audio Out/Optical'. After the AV receiver is properly configured, 'Receiver (HDMI)' will appear on screen.

B - Configure Yamaha RX-V385 Sound System
1. Using TV remote, either click on input/source button or scroll cursor on screen to select the HDMI source that your home theater system is on. This will
allow you to view the display from the sound system's AV receiver when you press either the 'Setup' or 'Option' button on the remote control.
2. Click on 'Setup' button on the remote.
3. Select 'HDMI'.
4. Configure to have the below:
HDMI Control = On
Standby Through = Auto
4K Upscaling = Off
HDCP Version
TV Audio Input = AUDIO1
Standby Sync = Auto
ARC = On
SCENE

C - Check AV Receiver Display
1. Remote control - press the 'TV' scene button. AV Receiver displays 'AUDIO 1'.

D - Configure The Option In AV Receiver
1. Remote control - press the 'Option' button.
2. Select 'Input Select'.
3. Needs to be: Input Select = AUDIO1
4. Select 'Audio In'.
5. Needs to be: Audio In = AUDIO1

STEP 3 - TEST ALL ITEMS

A - Play videos from the smart TV's apps and play a movie disk in the disk player.
B - Play music from the sound system AV receiver's tuner/radio.

0 Likes
MuhamedSarsour
First Poster
Options

I have exact same issue every time i shutdown the TV and turn it back the audio receiver not recognize the ARC so ... 

I tried to replace 3 type different  of receivers the last one ONKYO 686

tried to upgrade the TV from LED TU75 to QLED ( 85 Q60t ) 
change a lot of HDMI cable types, 4k support  ethernet and very expansive  one ,

but unfortunately the issue still exist .

but i have  figured  when i get in the setting page at samsung tv and turn off  'Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)' and thin immediately turn it back  ,  after about 5 second got massage on the tv "Dolby Atmos compatible receiver detected" and the sound start work perfectly until the next power off . 

it seems the source problem start with the handshake of the tv TIZEN software with the other device !

Scruf
First Poster
Options

I’ve been dealing with this issue for a couple of years now. The only “fix” was to unplug for a couple of minutes, or go to the “input signal plus” under the external device manager menu and turn it off for hdmi4 then turn it back on. The receiver is then properly detected. It only takes a couple of seconds but still a pain. I love Samsung quality and functionality for everything else, but sadly I’m an audiophile and my OCD freaks every time I have to do this. I’ll be replacing this tv with a different brand. Samsung please fix this!! 

0 Likes
nickrick96
First Poster
Options

Just bought my first home theater system along with my second Samsung TV. Has there still been no fixed to this issue? I also get no audio unless I have an optical cable connected. I also have to choose between my TV remote working either my receivers volume or working my Xbox when I should be able to do both. I also have no idea what happened now but every time I start up my home theater system my TV goes to some random music mode that doesn’t actually play any music, and i have to close it out to get to my actual content. I love the picture quality of Samsung but if they are seriously this behind in the times The sacrifice is far from worth it

0 Likes