Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 26-04-2018 11:19 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
Brooklynite
Journeyman
Options

It's almost December 2023 and I am posting this.

After 4 hours of resetting and rebooting and reconfiguring my Denon receiver, I finally googled this thread to find out Samsung is the issue.

My 8000 series Samsung TV isn't sending sound back to my Denon via HDMI. And remote control doesn't control my Denon receiver anymore. It was working before and stopped working since yesterday. So when I watch any source connected to Denon, I have to walk to the Denon which is in closed cabinet in another room and use Denon remote to control volume. Very frustrating.

When I want to use antenna TV channels or any app on the Samsung, my whole Denon 7.1 sound system is out of the loop and sound comes from the stupid tiny TV speaker and samsung remote worked for that.

Even before today I had lots of issues but I could eventually make it work but switching from Antenna TV to HDMI4 (Denon) to activate the sound, but that doesn't work anymore either.

My Samsung TV has no firmware update for years. It's a nice 4k 65" 8000 series paired with idiotic software inside  the TV.

0 Likes
Brooklynite
Journeyman
Options

Just to add to this, the sound out options show TV Speaker, Bluetooth Audio, and Optical out (which never works either, I have an option cable connected to Denon but always used HDMI arc before because optical never works).

0 Likes
Brooklynite
Journeyman
Options

Another issue is that my Samsung TV is turning off my Denon sound system when I turn off the TV, but when I turn the TV back on it doesn't turn on the Denon. So I have to use the TV remote to switch to antenna TV, and that triggers the Denon to turn on and then I have to switch back to HDMI 4 to watch my source connected to Denon. Very annoying turn around especially that I still cannot control the volume using Samsung control.

0 Likes
akaVintz
Journeyman
Options

Hi Brooklynite,

I eventually made mine work, unfortunately I moved two months ago and I dismantled the whole setup and I dont remember what I did to make it work! 😞

I think I tried optical but the TV would'nt recognise my amp as an atmos device via the glass so I went back to hdmi.

I will report back when I get it set back up, in the next couple of days, I literally marked out my speaker positions on the wall last night but didnt have enough right sized screws to fix them.

With regards to updates, I would download the latest for your TV, I dont know the exact model but this is a link for the UE75CU8000 https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE75CU8000KXXU/#downloads and use the USB method to install. I have the Q95 and have used this method a few times.

Vince

0 Likes
Sick of Sam Sung
First Poster
Options

I've had this problem on and off for a while until eventually the there was absolutely nothing coming from the TV to the reciever. I've found a workaround, basically I send the audio via the optical port on the TV to my reciever and it seems to work perfectly (with the exception of not being able to use Anynet to control the volume on the receiver using the TV remote) - it's not ideal but it's an £8 workaround so pretty happy.

0 Likes
akaVintz
Journeyman
Options

I set mine back up last night.

1. connected the optical from tv to amp

2. connected hdmi from earc hdmi port on tv to the only 2.2 hdmi I have on my amp

3. set the audio input on my amp to optical for the source.

Now the amp comes on and off with the tv, the tv volume controls the amp and it is recognised as the atmos device and shows the atmos audio on the TVs netflix app.

I dont have any onscreen display on the TV from the amp but I can live without that.

My setup is an Onkyo TX-NR636 amp with a Q95T TV

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Explorer
Options

Well said and exactly! Samsung continues to manufacture products like these TVs and then completely drop any kind of support or updates to them after a couple of years. I'll never buy another Samsung TV or probably product ever again.

0 Likes
SamSUCK429
Explorer
Options

That's all supposing that Samsung still offers any kind of updates as they completely abandon models that cost people $3,000 after two or three years. They stopped offering updates for my UN55HU9000FXZA about 2 1/2 yrs after I bought it. Granted it was a 2014 model and I bought it at the beginning of 2015...but man...that and the stupid "One Connect" box they hyped like crazy and never followed through with more than one upgrade (That now costs like $600 to $800 if you can even find it and has horrible reviews for people basically say don't even bother)...one of the many things that now has me livid and disgusted with Samsung as a whole. Unfortunately my house came with one of their fridges, stoves, and microwaves as well... I won't even go into how much time I have spent with each and their endless season issues, DIY fixing then myself because of you hire a Samsung technician to come fix them you might as well have bought all brand new appliances as it would literally be cheaper than paying the technician bill at the end. If you're lucky The appliances fixed but there are more reviews than I can count all over the internet from customers that paid only to have their Samsung appliances revert back to the problems they paid so much money to have fixed or have new ones...

0 Likes