Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anynet/HDMI-CEC and ARC not working

(Topic created on: 23-05-2019 10:53 AM)
Motta33
Journeyman
Options
Hi there,

I have this problem for over a month now.

I have a Samsung TV model UE49MU8005 connected to a Pioneer Receiver model VSX-LX302. Everyhting is well connected, as far as i know, TV firmware is 1210.8.

Tv is connected through a recent HDMI cable (UHD, ARC, etc etc) from the ARC output of the receiver to the ARC input of the TV (HDMI 4). Anynet is on.

When I disconnect the cable and connect it again, it starts identifying the source on the TV and it always says "unknown source" so i have to manually configure the tv remote. After it detects my Receiver, turns it on and off ok, and finishes the connection. Everything seems ok. But the problem starts here:

- The sound does not come out through HDMI from the TV if I select an app from the hub. Neither it does if it's connected to the antenna of the tv.

- I have sound from the cable box and from a PC both connected to the receiver.

- The receiver has CEC on but it the sound is not there. When I disconnect the CEC on the receiver and connect it again, it starts searching for CEC devices but the answer is "no CEC device"! Although the TV is connected of course..

- Anynet stops working too, it doesn't control my receiver when this is happening.

- This bug goes on and off. It works sometimes, other times it doesn't. It seems that theres is some problem in the TV that disconnects automatically HDMI CEC, and then it just doesn't come back.

- I changed cables, update firmwares, disconnected everything and waited, then connected again, called Samsung support and they just don't seem to know what I'm talking about... The problem always persist.

Frankly, I'm considering returning the TV. It's new and for the price it should NEVER cause such hassle.

This is about something that should work perfectly and is not doing so. And it seems that everyone at Samsung knows the problem exists, they just don't know how to solve it... (according to the countless discussions about this topic, at least at the US community..).

Please help!

Regards

327 REPLIES 327
Ola20
Student
Options
Same here, I have 75" Q9, when I turn on my TV it doesn't automatically turn on my home theatre, I always have to do it manually. I am sure this problem is from Samsung because I started experiencing this issue when I moved from my Sony to Samsung. I am sure I have everything set up correctly but just won't work automatically. 
Raspel
Explorer
Options
My opinion.
Turn OFF HDMI CEC, don´t try solve that kind of SAMSUNG PROBLEM, buy LOGITECH HARMONY ELITE (https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-elite).
When you have to buy HDMI 2.1 and above cable (what I did), waiting for new firmware (without succes), you spend much more money and time for nothing.

Home appliances:
3pcs AR9..., UE65MU7002, BD-H6500, UE46F6510, Galaxy A50.....
(Onkyo TX-RZ830, TX-NR-709 and 701, NVIDIA Shield, VU+ SOLO 4K, PS3...)
SmartTV6
Student
Options
Same same with UE55KS8090 and Yamaha RX-V473. Worked for over a year, than from one day to the other it stopped working. Couldn't get it working again, the next day it worked again... for some month. Now again this time it took only 1 day and it stopped working again. Back in the days engineers found ways to encode color into an encoding that way only meant for grayscale images. Today they can't even get a simple command protocol right. Although it might not only be Samsungs fault here they clearly have the biggest problems with it at least concerning the number of protesters. Just consider selling my TV and getting one that works... Lessons learned...
RodolfoG
First Poster
Options
ARC connection to operate without touching cables. I found this forum when looking for a solution for the non-functioning of the arc connection between the TV 55NU7445 and the Onkyo TX-L50. The symptoms are the same. And whenever I remove the power from the amplifier, next time the TV does not recognize it, having to do the manual setup again. I can make the ARC connection work when watching a movie using an HDMI 1.4 DVD player. After the ARC connection starts working, I can change on the TV to any source that the ARC connection stays fine. Sorry for English! Translated in google. Regards
0 Likes
Adse
First Poster
Options

Same symptoms with my onkyo tx-nr585 and 58NU7100. I tried with many HDMI Cables and did not work. After some days trying to connect the receiver and the TV , I just unplugged it all cables and i waited for 5 minutes and.. voila! It works!

JN99
Journeyman
Options

Yes, that is what happens.  Voila, it works.  Until it doesn't again...

john022662
Pioneer
Options

Give it a few minutes, hours, or days and it will stop working again. If it works for you for more than 3-4 weeks, please let me know. This may mean that Samsung has fixed the issues with a Sofware update.

0 Likes
Raspel
Explorer
Options

Does anyone from SAMSUNG read this topic?
Do they intend to solve this serious problem?
Many customers have poor SAMSUNG experience - all the same without a solution.

Home appliances:
3pcs AR9..., UE65MU7002, BD-H6500, UE46F6510, Galaxy A50.....
(Onkyo TX-RZ830, TX-NR-709 and 701, NVIDIA Shield, VU+ SOLO 4K, PS3...)
0 Likes
blauer_fasan
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my Samsung KU6179 andPioneer VSX-831.

It used to work all the time (1.5 years). Since yesterday morning my TV does not recognzie my AVR as such. No sound via ARC HDMI of the TV while PS4 and cablebox is working. Also volumeadjustment is no more possible with the TV's and cablebox remotecontrol. Thats frustrating.

0 Likes
phl
Student
Options

Brand new Q6DR and Onkyo TX-NR676 AVR.  Previously had a smaller LG hooked up to the Onkyo and HDMI ARC and CEC worked flawlessly.   I upgraded to the bigger Samsung for size, and also the built in DirecTVNow app and Apple TV.  These were my key reasons for going to Samsung because those features aren't coming to LG any time soon, if ever.

Initially, ARC worked.  Then it didn't.  Both TV and AVR have latest firmware.  I unplugged for a minute and restarted, but still not working.

Guess I'll be getting a digital cable because this problem doesn't seem to even be on Samsung's radar, despite me seeing tons of threads on this exact issue in all sorts of A/V forums.

0 Likes