Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

all speakers started power cycling on friday the 7th

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 05:30 PM)
Brandi72
Journeyman
Options

Yesterday we noticed that our soundbar downstairs was power cycling and would not stop and when I came upstairs the one up there was doing the same thing.  I managed to rest them and they are working but now my 360 R7 speakers are doing it too and I can't get them to reset.  Anyone know what to do?  All the speakers were Samsung.  Does anyone know if they did some sort of update yesterday?

131 REPLIES 131
TheMoog
Journeyman
Options

I wasn't blocking them to the web. I was only limiting how they connect to the router locally. 

All my low speed devices I blocked from connecting at 5Ghz which I wanted reserved for my TV, Phone, PS5 etc.... 

This only allowed them to connect at the slower/older 2.4Ghz which was fine for speakers (+smart plugs, smart thermostats etc...)

From Saturday though all my speakers now will not connect at 2.4Ghz and will only connect at 5Ghz. I have no idea why. I can only think that something has changed on my speakers as everything else on my network has not changed.

Once I let them connect like this I was able to go through the normal set up routine in Multi-room which allowed them to connect. 

As I said before I am now stable and able to use them as before. The only down side is that if anything happens then I have to go through all this again.

0 Likes
Brandi72
Journeyman
Options

Thank you so much to everyone for the help!  I'm so glad I posted here instead of calling samsung.  I was able to block both speakers mac addresses from connecting to my internet and then just connected them to local wifi and now they are working for my surround.  Thanks so much again, I was ready to throw them in the trash lol

MacUser
First Poster
Options

I have just come home from Holiday and my Samsung M3 in the Sleeping Room talked 🙂 .

After some Googeling I found this thread (i was already looking for a new second hand M3) when I thought that maybe others have the same problem.

And indeed, blocking internet in my FritzBox for the Samsung device fixed the problem immediately !!!

This is very bad from Samsung to kill some services which make then people believe their speaker ist dead.

I have never before seen such problem causing so much more problems. Bad for a Company that size. I wonder what people are doing which are not working in IT like me ? They would not know what to do !

0 Likes
Members_WZn6bpw
Journeyman
Options

Working (IT knowledgeable) solution with no bootloop and keeping all online services working except iheart.
I used my personal DNS "Adguard home" server to add this line to "custom filter rules" and now they are not in a bootloop and are able to function as spotify speaker. Testet with a power cycle.

||api.iheart.com
||api2.iheart.com

Blocking deezer is not needed. I think the root problem that causes the speakers to bootloop is with the service from iheart. and samsung not building a function to keep the speakers working when a service dies/changes the api :winking-face:

this should also work with Pi-hole, or a router/firewall that supports blocking DNS records.

Joke: Time to search the second-hand market and buy 'good/defective' samsung multiroom speakers for cheap for every room 🤑

JohnS530
Explorer
Options

Until this is tested with a power cycle for speakers and router, it is probably not a long-term viable option. See other comments about blocking specific URL's in the router, for a long-term solution.

0 Likes
JohnS530
Explorer
Options

I tried blocking just the iHeart URL's and it did not fix the problem. I still get "Wi-Fi is ready", every 20 seconds. I also blocked connect.deezer.com and still no luck. Boot loop continuing with announcement that "Wi-Fi is ready", about every 35 seconds. All the same issues as before.

I am using a Ubiquiti Edgerouter, and using WebProxy to Block the Domains. (URL Filtering).

0 Likes
Members_WZn6bpw
Journeyman
Options

When i blocked them on my router (Synology's) it did not work.
As soon i added them to "Aduard home" it worked. but it should be the same, so i don's know what the difference is. 

Matty071986
Student
Options
Any update as I am affected on my R1's and R3's?
0 Likes
JohnS530
Explorer
Options

I wonder what AdGuard does VS. router block.? I saw on this discussion, that someone else had used a different blocking service and it worked. I don't have a blocking service.

0 Likes
PeteB2
First Poster
Options

Got 2 x R7s and a soundbar J8500. I have Sky (UK) broadband. I have blocked outbound IP addresses to the firewall, blocked URLs on the router and blocked URLs on SkyShield. Have performed a complete factory reset of all 3 devices but when I use the app for auto connection it states connect to ‘wi-fi’ (does not state my actual wifi network name) and does not connect.  Then I go to Manual connection has the error ‘no internet access’ on my phone when I connect to the SamsungAudioXXXX address, and fails to connect so that I can move to the next stage of the process in the app. Must be doing something wrong here but I’ve followed all the options on here so hopefully they’ll be a proper fix that works ok.

0 Likes