Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

all speakers started power cycling on friday the 7th

(Topic created on: 09-07-2023 03:24 PM)
Brandi72
Journeyman
Options

Yesterday we noticed that our soundbar downstairs was power cycling and would not stop and when I came upstairs the one up there was doing the same thing.  I managed to rest them and they are working but now my 360 R7 speakers are doing it too and I can't get them to reset.  Anyone know what to do?  All the speakers were Samsung.  Does anyone know if they did some sort of update yesterday?

131 REPLIES 131
Solution
bp76
Journeyman
Options

Just wanted to let you know that I think I have found a work around that may work for some but not all.

I suspected that when you register the 2nd Speakers that there was some communication between the Speaker and Samsung over the internet that was failing (by error or by design). So, on my router I can block Internet access to specific devices (Asus). So this is what I did.

1. Registered the K650 soundboard as normal in the Multiroom app and ensured that was working with the TV and Spotify.

2. Blocked Internet access to the 1st R1 speaker

3. Reset 1st R1 speaker

4. Register the 1st R1 speaker in the Multiroom app

5. Blocked Internet access to the 2nd R1 speaker

6. Reset 2nd R1 speaker

7. Register the 2nd R1 speaker in the Multiroom app

8. Setup TV to use Wireless speakers

9. Test setup

10. Remove internet block from both R1 speakers.

Doing this means that I now have surround sound back and I can also play Spotify on all speakers via the Spotify app.

This has just worked for me but I have not tested what happens over time or if the speakers are power cycled or if the router is power cycles.

Hope others can use this approach to get back up and running too.

nickolas66
First Poster
Options

Hello
I have the exact same issue. Today my HW-K960 start to reboot. 9th of July. Anyone know what to do ???

0 Likes
Pacamac65
Apprentice
Options

I’ve been on with a Samsung chat assistant and his conclusion for me was that it probably required a new Printed Circuit Board due to an electrical component which is failing to maintain enough voltage to retain power to the unit, hence the power cycling.  No idea - seems odd that there seems to be a growing number of posts on the same subject on this community link. I suggested about the firmware and the formal response was that the PCB should possibly be replaced before any firmware is loaded/reinstalled. I can’t even do a hard reset as the unit will not stay on long enough to run the process.  Final recommendation I got was to call a local engineer out to test it.

0 Likes
bp76
Journeyman
Options

Hi @nickolas66 - see if you can follow the steps I did to get them all back and working. You will need to find a way to block the speakers from the internet but still on your home wifi while you set them up though.

0 Likes
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

Have you tried power cycling your speakers after setting up your speakers as above?

0 Likes
Loveall27
Explorer
Options

Have you tried power cycling your speakers after setting up your speakers as above?

With my speakers after the power cycle they went back to the same rebooting loop.

0 Likes
Brandi72
Journeyman
Options

How did your register them in the app without connecting them to the internet?  I tried but it insisted I enter the internet password and them of course it didn't work

0 Likes
bobbybrownccklr
Apprentice
Options
This is madness. My 2 R1's, 2 R3's and my R6 are all doing this and i can't fix.
0 Likes
bp76
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Brandi72 - I connected my Soundbard as normal and then went through the same process for each of the R1s but I had to configure my broadband router to prevent those 2 speakers from accessing the internet (note, they were still able to connect to WiFi). Once they were both registered in the multiroom app I then re-configured my broadband router to allow those 2 speakers to access the internet again.

Not everyone will have this sort of internet blocking feature on their broadband routers though hence why I said it may be a fix for some people.

0 Likes
bp76
Journeyman
Options

Hi @Loveall27 - no I haven't and probably won't be a rush too as like you say they could well revert back to the same rebooting loop.

I could live without Spotify on them so if that is the case I may just leave the Internet block on for both of those R1 speakers and leave them just working in Surround Sound mode with the sound bar.

0 Likes