Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 scheduled recordings not working

(Topic created on: 30-11-2017 12:47 PM)
Socast
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

my KS8000 is being a pain with recordings. After about 3 or 4 days it simply stops recording any of the scheduled recordings. I did a factory restore of the tv which fixed the issue for a few days but now I'm back to no recording. I didn't wipe the hard drive, however after restoring factory settings everything was working fine. Issue occurs whether the tv is on standby or actually on. External hdd is a 1tb seagate in a USB3 enclosure. I've turned off all eco settings on the tv and I'm now pretty fed up!

Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it ?

80 REPLIES 80
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

paul1277 wrote:

Thing is it does not seem to be affecting all TV's just a few.

I bet it does affect all TVs, it's just the steps and circumstances for the error to happen is fairly complex and isn't triggered by everyone, which is why they can't fix it.  If you've had a new main board, then really you've had a new TV as that is where all this will be taking place, and it happened again for you. 

I work in software and see this kind of thing all the time, bugs that only happen for very few people and impossible to replicate. You have hundreds of other users all doing what seems to be the same thing with no problems at all.  The only way to fix it is to work hand in hand with a developer/engineer who is in the UK on the same transmitter and you can take all the same steps, so they trigger the same the bug.  Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen unless there are thousands of people having the problem.

Keep the pressure up on Samsung, at least they should give you the option of a new TV or your money back so you can buy something else.

Regards

Phil

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

I have reset it just put freeview listings on (not freesat as well) and turned off auto tune. Set a scheduled recording, and behold it got the 5 min warning. Will see how it goes as it has worked before.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

I have reset it just put freeview listings on (not freesat as well) and turned off auto tune. Set a scheduled recording, and behold it got the 5 min warning. Will see how it goes as it has worked before.

Just checked and no luck, still will not record.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

65KS9500

I been having this issue since August. They have replaced the one connect and main board but still will not record. I was promised a call back from them last Sunday, still waiting. Not very good just keep getting that they are busy when I ask where the call back is on facebook messaging. It is frustrating, I spent a lot of money on what I thought was the best TV. Still good TV but if you have a problem like a few others on these forums then they are very poor.

I bought a Hewlett Packard printer 7 months ago off Ebay. It developed a fault in it would not scan. I contacted HP support, and after afew checks they agreed there was a fault and after 3 days I am receipt of a new replacement, brill service, just wish Samsung were as good. All I had to supply them with was the serial number and theychecked warrenty and sorted.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

OK I have seen people now try to blame the problem on the USB drives, but I beg to differ, and the reason why is I have 2 Samsung TV's, the one with the issue is a new UE65KS9500 and I have a UE32J6300AK in the spare room which records as advertised with no probs. This has given me the opportunity to test and check the Seagate 1 Ter USB, a Toshiba 1 Ter USB, a 64 Gig USB Stick, and a Seagate 2 Ter in a USB enclosure mains powered. All are recognised by both TV's, and all work perfectly with the older 32 inch Samsung TV, both when on and in Standby. So if the USB drives work perfectly in the older Samsung TV, I find it hard to blame them for the issue, and can only see it being an issue with the TV. Also when I have spoken to Samsung  they make no mention of any USB issue. I did read about factory reset and auto tuning off which worked a week, and had a new main board fitted which worked for 2 weeks, but does not work now. I have had plenty of time testing these USB drives and they work perfectly.

Just to mention again how bad Samsung support is because I was promised a call back on Sunday and now Friday still waiting.

Paul

nevb
Apprentice
Options
I have a QE49FAM and have the same experience - tv will not record. I eagerly await your response from Samsung - I'm still waiting for a call back!
Neville
0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

I think that is the same TV I have (Q7F series) and it's recording fine from the schedule.

What hard-drive are you using?  Has the TV recognised it and offered to format and performance test it?

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
nevb
Apprentice
Options

Hi Phil,

The tv initially recorded scheduled programs fine on my WD Elements Portable Hard drive. I then had an error "Too many reservations" which I was unable to clear without a reset. Scheduled programs  no longer record though I can record manually and pause live tv. I have a reference number from Samsung and awaiting a call back.

I have also tried a flash drive which has been formated and sucessfully performance tested with the same results. This drive has also successfully recorded tv using another samsung tv.

Regards

Neville

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@nevb wrote:

Hi Phil,

The tv initially recorded scheduled programs fine on my WD Elements Portable Hard drive. I then had an error "Too many reservations" which I was unable to clear without a reset. Scheduled programs  no longer record though I can record manually and pause live tv. I have a reference number from Samsung and awaiting a call back.

I have also tried a flash drive which has been formated and sucessfully performance tested with the same results. This drive has also successfully recorded tv using another samsung tv.

Regards

Neville

I Hi have you the latest firmware 1208.2 for ks9500. Disable auto tuning, and do factory reset and switch off at the mains power. Mine started working again and I had the same issues as you are having. Now working using Seagate 1 ter USB powered by TV.

0 Likes
nevb
Apprentice
Options

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your advice.

Updated my tv via USB as the support site had a more updated firmware version (1151). Despite 2 resets - no joy on scheduled recordings. 

Regards

Neville 

0 Likes