Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Recordings and Schedule Manager screen without "Smart" remote on 2022 TV

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 08:52 AM)
baldpaul147
Apprentice
Options

It appears that Samsung have removed the ability to access the Recordings and Schedule Manager screen from the Smart Hub screen (it appears you could do on the previous years version of the smart hub). I can only access the screen via the overly convoluted route on the "Smart" remote and cannot access it at all via the standard remote.

Have I missed something or does anyone have a way to get to those screens?

7 REPLIES 7
rjh68
Student
Options

Hi, did you ever fathom out how to access the Schedule Manager from the Standard remote?

baldpaul147
Apprentice
Options

Hi. No, there is no way to do it. Contacted Samsung UK support and they had no solution and merely said they'd pass on my concerns. There are 3 ways to get to the screen in question, from the Smart remote, using voice assistant "Open Schedule Manager screen" or as follows. When you've actually recorded something, you get a notification on the "Menu" screen that you access via the Smart Home screen. If you select the notification, you get options to Open, List and Close. If you choose List you will be taken to the Recordings screen and from there you can switch to the Schedule Manager screen. I think it's absolutely pathetic that such an important facility is so difficult to get to. The whole thing is a design mess. Such a shame as the TV is very good otherwise.

rjh68
Student
Options

Many thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I really wonder how something so fundamental can be overlooked. My wife and I are not a fan of the Smart remote, it feels more like a memory test than anything else!! Call me old fashioned but just give me a traditional remote with clearly labelled buttons. Let's hope they change it in the future but I won't hold my breath. As you say we like the TV but it's sadly let down by the above.  

FryingBullet
Student
Options

Just purchased an 65S90C and am astonished at how rediculous this is. So I have 2 remotes - a smart remote that can't quickly get to something like the TV guide - and a "normal" remote that can not get to the recordings. Utterly disappointed.

FryingBullet
Student
Options

The best I have come up with is adding the USB from the "Connected Devices" to the home screen. The User Interface for this is pretty poor - but at least I can get to the recordings.

baldpaul147
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I have since found that myself. Took me a lot longer to spot it though. Another problem with the recording and schedule manager functionality is that if you record something that's part of a series, say at the same time every week. It won't automatically record anything more than a week in advance. It will only record as far ahead as the TV guide can "see". As the days pass by, the scheduler should see that more episodes of the recorded series have appeared and add them to the scheduled recordings. But it doesn't. Every other PVR that I've seen does this. I also raised that with Samsung support but got absolutely nowhere. All they would do was point me to the manual (for a previous years TV) and then suggested that a technician would remotely access my TV to see what I was doing wrong! I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine at that point 😂

Justinos
Apprentice
Options

Its problem on top of problem with Samsung TV's with illogical configurations. What with this and the stupid auto timeshift issues, you wonder who is deciding these things.

The problem with adding the usb device to the home screen is you don't get access to the recording schedules, on my Panasonic it was a single button press, and timeshift worked flawlessly, based on tech from 10+ years ago, so seriously Samsung get your act together and update the firmware to fix these ridiculous issues.