Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 scheduled recordings not working

(Topic created on: 14-05-2017 09:35 AM)
Socast
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

my KS8000 is being a pain with recordings. After about 3 or 4 days it simply stops recording any of the scheduled recordings. I did a factory restore of the tv which fixed the issue for a few days but now I'm back to no recording. I didn't wipe the hard drive, however after restoring factory settings everything was working fine. Issue occurs whether the tv is on standby or actually on. External hdd is a 1tb seagate in a USB3 enclosure. I've turned off all eco settings on the tv and I'm now pretty fed up!

Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it ?

80 REPLIES 80
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Can you manually record the current program?  The first time you should get a prompt to performance test the USB drive and perhaps format it.

Is this Freeview in UK?

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Have you disabled the auto tune in the broadcast settings, because that is what Samsung support did when they took remote control of my TV last week. I have done that before but it was the first time Samsung had mentioned that.

Mine now still working, 2 weeks now. 

Recap no "multiplex issues", Seagate USB 3 (can use USB 2 as they are USB 2 sockets) 2 ter TV powered drive. Make sure you put the drive onto the 1 amp socket, not 0.5 amp. So it shows it will work as advertised without any special equipment. 

Hope it helps 

Paul

0 Likes
nevb
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Paul and Phil for your comments but still no joy with scheduled recordings. Spoke to Samsung support this pm who thought scheduling was working but it wasn't and will need to phone them again tomorrow. Maybe next step is to email the CEO. 

0 Likes
nevb
Apprentice
Options

Update - Success.

Spoke to Samsung support today who reset my tv using the Engineering menu. Scheduled programs are now successfully recording again - just hope this lasts.

I think my original issue stems from scheduling numerous programs using series - one program can generate many individual schedules.

The user guide states - "You can schedule up to 30 recordings or viewings at once".  Once you go over this number the message "Too many reservations" appears which seems to be only fully cleared by a full reset (likely a software issue). This restriction does limit the tv to be fully used as a recording device - so keeping the Sky box!

Thanks for all your help,

Neville

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@nevb wrote:

Update - Success.

Spoke to Samsung support today who reset my tv using the Engineering menu. Scheduled programs are now successfully recording again - just hope this lasts.

I think my original issue stems from scheduling numerous programs using series - one program can generate many individual schedules.

The user guide states - "You can schedule up to 30 recordings or viewings at once".  Once you go over this number the message "Too many reservations" appears which seems to be only fully cleared by a full reset (likely a software issue). This restriction does limit the tv to be fully used as a recording device - so keeping the Sky box!

Thanks for all your help,

Neville

Bet it stops after a week or two as mine does. On these forums they tried to blame everything apart from the actual TV, faulty USB drives, something called "multiplex". Not happy at all!

Paul

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

Bet it stops after a week or two as mine does. On these forums they tried to blame everything apart from the actual TV, faulty USB drives, something called "multiplex". Not happy at all!

Paul

Hi Paul

No one was trying to blame anything as such, just trying to help you resolve the issues. You've had a whole new motherboard for your TV (which is essentially a brand new TV) and you still had the same problem.  It isn't a fault on just your TV, but either a bug with all of these models, or something external to the TV that is happening causing the TV to fail to record.  

The solution now seems for you to pursue a refund for faulty goods and draw a line under it all.  Samsung aren't interested in trying to fix this for you from what we can see and no advice given from others has helped you solve it. 

If the retailer you bought from isn't wanting to offer a refund then I suggest getting some legal advice, and a lesson learnt is never to buy high value items via Amazon's market place.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Ralph2
First Poster
Options

I've had my SAMSUNG Smart TV UHDTV 6 series for about a year. It's always been hit and miss on record and I have NEVER set it up for series record. Even with just one or two programs in memory it's very unreliable. I have found it most likely to record a programe if you leave the TV tuned to that channel, and only put it in standby less than an hour before the program is due to start. Which is pretty useless for most real world applications. Time shift used to work simply by pressing the pause button and it would kick in and pause. Now I have to hit the record button first, then once it's recording, hit pause. The whole interface smacks of flakey. great TV, very disappointed in the record feature.

0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

Hi did you get this sorted, we have tried everthing?

regards

Lawrence

0 Likes
LolLeask
Journeyman
Options
Hi we have the same problem, what was the outcome?
regards
Lawrence
0 Likes
Ralph2
First Poster
Options

No I'm sorry but my problems are still ongoing.

Never have got to the bottom of it, and by searching the net, as you say, many others are seeking a solution too. When TV's were CRT I used to buy Sony. Ever since flat screens came along I have bought Samsung because I really believe when it comes to picture quality,  bang for buck they cannot be beaten. But this recording problem really sucks, and a company of their size and standing should be so on top of this but they're not even that bothered it seems. 😞

0 Likes