Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49KS8000 scheduled recordings not working

(Topic created on: 14-05-2017 09:35 AM)
Socast
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

my KS8000 is being a pain with recordings. After about 3 or 4 days it simply stops recording any of the scheduled recordings. I did a factory restore of the tv which fixed the issue for a few days but now I'm back to no recording. I didn't wipe the hard drive, however after restoring factory settings everything was working fine. Issue occurs whether the tv is on standby or actually on. External hdd is a 1tb seagate in a USB3 enclosure. I've turned off all eco settings on the tv and I'm now pretty fed up!

Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it ?

80 REPLIES 80
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Socast.

Apologies for the late reply. What's the software version of you TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. Are you still having this issue?

0 Likes
Socast
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris,

im using the latest software 1169.2

the issue still remains, I've tried a different external hdd (different caddy and hdd) and still it doesn't record scheduled recordings. I watched it last night when a recording was due to start, the tv was on standby, when the recording was due to begin the external hdd powered up and then after maybe 30/40 seconds shut down. This is the same regardless of whether the tv is turned on or not.

bdimassa
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. Recording a program in progress works ok as dues pause live TV. Its anytime that a program is scheduled in the future, such as series record - the program isn't showing up at all in the Scheduled Programs list. 

Any suggestions?

ChrisLondon
First Poster
Options

Yes, I'm having this problem with a samsung ue49ks8000 - it's so annoying. This isn't a cheap TV! It's also operating really slowly at times. Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Socast
Journeyman
Options

I didn't receive a solution to this, in the end Samsung swapped out my tv.

Good luck with solving the problem with your tv.

LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

We have 3 of the same models all less than one year old and all have external drives for recording.
Both worked fine and both stopped working at the same sort of time.
I excluded it being the drives as they can both manually record & playback.
When you set it to record in the planner and then look at the recoding schedules it appears the start/stop times are not populated. I did a re tune of channel (terrestrial ) this week and as long as the TV is on and I am there acknowledge the message that recording is about to starts, recording works.
This defeats the function
I have logged a call with Samsung but no one has called.
I am pretty pleased with the TV and reluctant to change them but will demand money back as they are not fit for purpose

HELP ME PLEASE

Socast
Journeyman
Options

I had my KS8000 swapped out and samsung kindly replaced it with a QE49Q7CAM, I've had it for a few months not and it's doing exactly the same as the KS8000. 

Being as these are two completely different TVs with different hardware (the Q7 has a new revised one connect)  I'm at a loss as to what the issue can be, the only thing that hasn't been changed is the satalite dish. So I'm 50/50 if samsung have some kind of software issue that they've not resolved or that my dish isn't quite right (but was working perfectly with sky before I cancelled, and still works perfectly with the free channels).

As such I've decided to live with it and not buy samsung in future, LG would seem to be the way forward. 

LolLeask
Journeyman
Options

I am in the UK and we have very good consumer laws so I will be looking for complete refund.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I have the same problem with the KS9500. Samsung are useless and I have been in contact with them for a couple of months with no fix.