Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 google wallet not able to add card

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 05:05 PM)
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just got watch 4 and I'm trying to use google wallet (google pay) but I was not able to add my card to the watch, the card is already in google pay and I was using it, but when I try to add it to the watch I'm getting this message:
double-check your card details: something's not right, please double-check the details and try again.
I have tried to delete the card and add it again and it did not work, also I have tried to add other cards and it did not work, please any solution!?

Update: I have attached images of what I'm getting
2022-08-17 at 9.54.14 AM.jpeg2022-08-17 at 9.54.14 AM (1).jpeg

Again, I'm able to use google pay without any issues on my phone and the issue only related to my smartwatch
Update: I believe the problem is in the google play services as adding the card happening through it, not through the actual app of google pay, I have cleared its cache and updated and still not working.

64 REPLIES 64
Members_awgykdk
First Poster
Options

Having the exact same issue... i drove me mad, i keep mailing Google Pay support :face-with-tears-of-joy: just sent them this thread as well. i'm guessing it has something to do with the latest play services update they did as until then, all was working well...

John_Lamb
Explorer
Options

Same problem with Galaxy Watch 5 PRO =/ Nobody cares. I always hear from support, try restart, factory reset, delete app data, etc... blah blah blah over and over again. Repair!!!

N0STR0M0
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20220820-231344_Google Play services.jpgThis is a problem for me. If Google Wallet won't work I have no choice but to go to Samsung Pay. If I do this I will not return to Google Wallet on my phone or watch.
 My phones are a Samsung Fold 3 and a Flip 3. My watch is a Galaxy Watch 5. As I said previously I have had no problems until upgrading from the Watch 4 to the Watch 5 this week. And because of the time I spend trying to make it work, it feels like a downgradeScreenshot_20220820-231344_Google Play services.jpg

0 Likes
malifact
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I am having the exact same issue. I can add my Visa card but not Mastercard one. I hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes
lazzaAU
Apprentice
Options

Lost of people with this issue also I see. Do samsung reps even look at these community issues and respond or are we just telling each other there's a common problem ? Regardless if it's samsung or Google issue, would be nice for acknowledgement that someone of either business is listening :smiling-face:

*goes back to rocking in the corner*

0 Likes
MRMONE
Journeyman
Options

Thought it was just me having this issue, but found this thread and realised I was not alone. I would use Samsung pay, but my bank in the UK does not support it. My MasterCard works fine on my S21, just not on my new watch 5 pro, like many others here.

softech
Apprentice
Options

it's more a Google issue than samsung issue.

i read on the Good forum that a silver product expert confirmed the case ans said  they are looking into it

https://support.google.com/wallet/thread/175494222/wearos-google-wallet-not-able-to-add-card?hl=en

Gooner21
First Poster
Options

Same issue, Galaxy watch4 and Mastercard

This was previously working with Google Pay so something broke went they (Google) moved to Google Wallet

0 Likes
Members_FI2Spy4
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same error messages. Worked fine on phone and watch. Changed from flip z3 to z4 and OK on phone but no go on watch (watch 4).

0 Likes
KieranH1
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Samsung S22 Ultra. Google pay works fine on my phone but won't let me add an existing card to my Galaxy Watch 5 

0 Likes