Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch 4 google wallet not able to add card

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 02:03 PM)
Yassir90
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I just got watch 4 and I'm trying to use google wallet (google pay) but I was not able to add my card to the watch, the card is already in google pay and I was using it, but when I try to add it to the watch I'm getting this message:
double-check your card details: something's not right, please double-check the details and try again.
I have tried to delete the card and add it again and it did not work, also I have tried to add other cards and it did not work, please any solution!?

Update: I have attached images of what I'm getting
2022-08-17 at 9.54.14 AM.jpeg2022-08-17 at 9.54.14 AM (1).jpeg

Again, I'm able to use google pay without any issues on my phone and the issue only related to my smartwatch
Update: I believe the problem is in the google play services as adding the card happening through it, not through the actual app of google pay, I have cleared its cache and updated and still not working.

64 REPLIES 64
luk34dd0
Pioneer
Options
Snap. Just picked up a Watch 4 today and Jane tried everything. I get exactly the same error as you.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Odd, my card was just there when I installed Google Wallet on my Watch 4.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Members_X23O6sU
Journeyman
Options

I am trying to setup google wallet with my watch 4 as well. And I already have a card in my phone. But still when I try to add it to watch I get this error. Were you able to resolve it?

0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
Guys all of you need to use Samsung Pay! Go through the setup and create your Curve card and then add you bank account should be all set plus it's more secure as it asks for pin or pattern just before paying up to 30 seconds
0 Likes
Hudz
Voyager
Options
I had the issue too since I use Barclays they don't allow to use contactless in other apps other than there own so this is how I made it work. Plus curve have some extra fance features you can use too.
0 Likes
Justin Guckes
Student
Options

Exactly the same issue, I'm using a non-samsung phone (Nothing phone  1) and N26 as bank (Pretty much the first bank in Germany to support Google pay) and I can't add the cards either .

Even PayPal fails at this point, I tried contacting Samsung via the hotline and they seemed clueless and google wants to investigate my keys but they had no idea either I really think it's in Samsungs end since it worked fine with my Fossil Gen 5 before..

0 Likes
Members_mvUf5LP
First Poster
Options

Hi Everyone.

I am having the exact same issue as described by OP.
Could add cards in the past, but failing to add my new debit card.

No problem adding, removing and re-adding the card on phone (S21FE) to Google Wallet - but not working on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic wich same error messages as in first posting.

Hope someone comes up with a solution......

0 Likes
JooMak
Student
Options

I'm experiencing the same issue with Galaxy Watch4. The cards work just fine in my phone, but the watch says Something went wrong when trying to add either of the cards. Tried reinstalling, rebooting etc. without luck.

0 Likes
Tiggercoco
Apprentice
Options

Yes also new Galaxy Watch4 classic, set up on my Note 9 in Google Wallet but can not add to the watch. Frustrating.

0 Likes