Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung S7 oreo update issues

(Topic created on: 01-05-2018 10:25 PM)
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I downloaded the new update this morning and started the install on my galazy S7 it is now 9 HOURS LATER and it is still installing !! whats going on with this thing my phone is now useless can't do anything with it !!!

Andy

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91
andre-20
Apprentice
Options

I have recieved automatically the latest build of android 8.0.0 oreo and allowed to install it on my Galaxy s7. Unfortunately the update failed and at the start screnn, blinking SAMUSNG logo it hung. I let it working for about 2h but nothing changed. So had to restart the phone. Used firmware menu. First of all cleared cache and rebooted, didn't help. Then iped out to factory settings and then started. Unfortunately I lost some private data. Be careful before update to 8.0

Additionally I can't pair my Gear S3 frontier with the phone? (obviously had to alos reset the gear s3).

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Welcome @fredblogg

Are you downloading the update via your network using WiFi or Mobile Data?
0 Likes
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Hi AndrewL

I downloaded it via wifi, that completed in less than a min.

it's the installing that is the problem it's been installing for the last 9 hours, every now and then it will say

"android is starting optimising 55 app of 55" then it carry's on installing again.

Andy

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Although it is not ideal, based on the amount of time the phone has been stuck in the installation/optimisation phase, we recommend that you perform a Soft Reset by pressing the Volume Down and Power keys for around 10 seconds until the phone resets. Please be aware, as this action is potentially interrupting the installation, that you may encounter issues with the operating system following the reset. It is hopefully the case that the phone has hung at the end of the installation and the reset will simply move the process along.
0 Likes
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Did as you said, the phone went off then the new battery display came on, then it went off, it then came back on again and went through the process of starting up but then it stay on the samsung writing flashing on and off, then it went to android starting optimising app 55 of 55 then it went to installing aplications then back to the flashing samsung writing again, which it then starts all over again, so no change unfortunately.

AndrewL
Options
Sorry to hear that @fredblogg. If the phone stays in this state then we recommend visiting one of our authorised Support Centres where an engineer can inspect your S7. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/. Keep monitoring it in the meantime and let us know if you see any changes.
0 Likes
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Thanks andrew nearest 1 is 30 mile away, thanks for your help.

0 Likes
redsquirrel
First Poster
Options

So much of a coincidence it's hard to believe.

Exactly the same bricked S7 after the Oreo update and also have a 30 mile trip to the nearest Samsung Support Centre

0 Likes
fredblogg
Apprentice
Options

Had to do hard reset on mine then do wipe data/factory reset had no choice update screwed my phone up and left me no option.

0 Likes