Options

S voice hit and miss on gear s3 frontier 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
MasukaH
Voyager
Options
Hey @Paul35

Welcome to Samsung Community! Can you tell us a little more about the issue you're experiencing so we're able to help? Thanks!

0 Likes
Paul35
Apprentice
Options

Some times it works sometimes says not recognise or I can't hear you after new update

0 Likes
mickie1808
First Poster
Options

i have had the gear s3 frontier 3 days and i havent got s voice to work yet! it just says an error has occured. i can also see all my contacts on the watch however if i ask it to call someone it says the contact isnt recognised ? then error occured reappears? i have reset the watch and reinstalled the app. neither to any avail. Needless to say for £349 i am less than impressed... i bought this on a day trip to london at weekend and when i spoke to samsung support the best was to return to place of purchase

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @mickie1808 and @Paul35, can you tell me what phone you're connecting your Gear S3 to and the Android version you currently have? 

0 Likes
mickie1808
First Poster
Options

i have a galaxy s9 bought same day as watch android version is 8

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks @mickie1808. When you spoke to support, did they go through any troubleshooting steps with you or was returning your watch to the store the only thing they suggested? 

0 Likes
mickie1808
First Poster
Options

no they went through a number of steps and one was a hard reset apon reboot it worked for about 20 minutes and the it started up again with an error has occured. i see if you google this issue its a well published issue that numerous people are facing with the s voice watch and the gear s3. some othe posts Samsung advisors have stated they are aware of an issue and are working on a software update?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Have you reported this using the Members app on your phone, @mickie1808? If not, I highly recommend doing so.

0 Likes
mickie1808
First Poster
Options

this is where i reported it last night on the live chat. They suggested returning to london to replace watch. if i return all the way to London it will be to get a refund as this was one of the watches main features and if it doesnt work, then i deem it unfit for my purpose.

0 Likes