Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 06-09-2020 03:07 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
ChinOfAwesomeness
First Poster
Options

I have started having this issue the last 2 weeks. I thought it may have been the auto pause so selected walk when I went running but it has still had the same issue at around 7 minutes. It doesn't even say "workout complete", I just realise when I don't get the 1 mile notification, by which time it's pointless restarting. As others have said, I don't expect this from an expensive piece of hardware. Battery also gone from 5+days (off at night) down to 2 days. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Donna81
First Poster
Options

I am also getting this issue. And when it occurs my battery drains by around 50% and the connection to my my phone ceases. When will it be fixed!! £300 on a watch and it is currently not doing any of the things I paid for. 

0 Likes
JEC123
Apprentice
Options

I did a hard reset on my watch, and it's fixed it! Maybe they that? Good luck!

0 Likes
Christian62
Student
Options

I did a reset a couple of months ago as suggested and my watch was working fine again. However in the past week I have been having the exact same issues as before. This is so frustrating. Why will Samsung not address this issue? I should not have to complete a hard reset on my watch every few months to maintain basic functionality. Please fix this!!!

BishTing
First Poster
Options
i have the same problem
0 Likes
fredmaq
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my watch.

Waiting update, it works when you disable Bluetooth directly from the Watch (Settings / Connection / Bluetooth) before to record an exercice.

@Samsung, if with this bug you want that I buy the new Watch, it's missed :smiling-face:

jke0831
Student
Options

I have just started having this issue as well.  I choose "other" workout ...runs for 2-3 minutes then stops.  Very annoying.  Do we have a fix yet?

0 Likes
jke0831
Student
Options

Seftonbarn did you ever get resolution?  Mine is having the same issue. Thanks.

0 Likes
Jbacon201
Student
Options

During my workout I put my watch into airplane mode and it seems to help.. all of my workouts uses stop at exactly 20 minutes and 4 seconds.. once I put it into airplane mode it keeps tracking properly until I sync..   hope that helps!! :smiling-face: 

PaddyB
First Poster
Options

same Problem here

0 Likes