Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 09-04-2020 04:23 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
Kane992
Apprentice
Options

As a loyal Samsung customer, I had high hopes for this product. Unfortunately, it has let me down. The main reason I bought the smart watch was to track my workouts, but it consistently stops recording after just 15-20 minutes. This feature is crucial for me, and I can’t rely on the watch anymore.

I tried reaching out to customer service, but they weren’t helpful at all. I attempted resets, software updates, and different settings, but nothing worked. I won’t be buying any more Samsung products. I’m switching to Fitbit or another brand that I can trust tracks my workouts.

JameVLB
Journeyman
Options

I have to admit this is a software issue on the app on my galaxy watch active. As i had problems with the screen (bad pixel intensity), my wife offered a Galaxy Watch 6 on my birthday.
The Watch 6 runs under Galaxy Wear OS, and the Samsung Health app is running like a charm on this last one.
I don't think its done on purpose, but what is sure, is that "old" models under Tixen are not any more supported, full stop.

0 Likes