Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 09:50 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
AndrewL
Options
@Seftobarn: Do you have a target set for the workout e.g. steps, distance, calories? If so, can you try disabling the target temporarily to see if this helps, to see if the 'target reached' screen is causing any issues? In contrast, try setting a target that's higher than your average, to see if this keeps the tracker on.
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the response.  I don't think I have set a target.  Under "Target" you can choose a number of options (eg time, distance, calories); I have it on the default which is "basic workout".  And with your proposed contrating solution, do I need to set a target to ensure that the watch continues to track my workout?

0 Likes
Oden_son
Journeyman
Options

I am the same problem and it only started happening recently. I would assume a problem with a new update. This needs to be looked into asap. 

TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is fine. Have you tried to use the Automatic Workout Detection on your watch? You can find how to use this here.

Would you also be able to confirm if you have made any change on the watch recently (for example upgrade the software) and if the Wearable app and the Samsung Health app are up to date?

0 Likes
Oden_son
Journeyman
Options

To your question do i use the automatic workout detection...yes. However that is not my problem nor the reason for my posting on the message board. I need a fix for the actual problem not a work around. When i select any activity in the workout selection aka "hiking", "running", "walking"...etc., it will work for maybe 8 or 9 minutes or a mile but then will simply stop.

I have been training very regualar and this is only a recent problem. It is currently version 2.2.30.20031361 where as the "galaxy watch plugin" version is 2.2.05.20040151.

The Samsung health app is version i am using for this is  4.8.3100 and states it is the latest version installed.

The current watch software is R800XXU1DSL1/R800OXA1DSL1 which last updated decembeder 20th, 2019. I hope this infomration is what you need and can be of help.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that. Are you using the watch connected to a phone when that happens? If so, which one?

If this is not the case, do you have any power saving settings enabled on the watch or any mode?

0 Likes
Oden_son
Journeyman
Options

Good point.  I have had it both connected to my phone and not at other times.  Yesterday ran with it connected to my phone and it still happened. Day before ran without phone and happened. The phone I use is the Samsung Galaxy S8.

I have reviewed my phone and the watch and do not have any power saving mode on.

mang0
Journeyman
Options

This has just happened to me for the first time today!

Never had a problem with it before, then today after 1km (10km goal, running) it stopped tracking. I restarted it and it lasted 7km and then stopped again.

Really, really annoying and has thrown out my training for the day...

RoyChan
First Poster
Options

I also start to experience this problem recently. It happens also to walking app. Really quite frustrating. The battery for the watch also drain down really fast these days, it cannot even last for 1 day. I bought my watch for barely over 1 year.